thirty | date night (the first one)

🎸𖥻 [ 𝐑𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑 ]

Colson looked himself in the mirror, smiling. He adjusted the cuffs of his sleeves and looked in the mirror one last time. He was excited, but all of the excitement was covering up the layers of nervousness and horror. He thought of anything that could have gone wrong, in the short amount it took him to get dressed.

And by the short amount of time, it took him four hours to pick out something. His daughter even had to come in and help him decide on what color suit he would wear, she went with baby purple. She picked that remembering Jaden said he liked the color purple.

"Alright, Cas!" He yelled, "I'm heading out," he grabbed his keys. She came running down the stairs with her phone in hand.

"Let me get a picture," she says, out of breath.

He laughs, "Why?" He asks.

She rolls her eyes at him, "Because this is your first date with a guy!" She exclaims.

"Not the first, but you were too young," he brushes her comment off. "But go ahead, then send them to me, I need to post more on insta," he adds.

She sighs, "Will do." She snaps the picture and he looks at them before giving her the okay to send them. After he got them he grabbed his keys and looked at his kid.

"Please don't burn the house down, and no one comes over. Got it?" He says, placing a kiss on her face.

"Yeah I know," she said. She watched as her dad told her bye and left. She was happy for her dad, truly.

Jaden got back from the restaurant, amazed. He had gotten along with Casie, and Colson. He felt as if they were just a family. To his surprise, Colson asked him out just before they left. He was over the moon happy but very conflicted.

He was happy to go out, formally, with Colson. But there was a part of him that was nervous, and another part that was all fuzzy and confused. He was nervous because he wasn't sure how this would end. It could defy all odds and they could have a happy ending, or it can turn out with both of them heartbroken and crying.

Jaden walked into the house dropping his keys in the dish, and shutting the door. He kicks his shoes off and heads into the kitchen, to get more tea.

This time he does add vodka to this cup, perfect. He sat down with his cup and started sipping on it. As he was deep in thought, Josh walked in.

"You're back?" He groggily asked. It was two in the morning.

"Did I wake you?" Jaden asked.

"No. Bryce is on the phone with a girl and I think they are having phone sex or some shit like that," he sighs, angrily.

Jaden raises his brows, "Ah." He sets his cup down and looks over at Josh. "So I uh- got a question," he sheepishly says.

"I've got plenty of time. So shoot."

Jaden takes a second to muster up the words he wants to say. "Uhm. This is gonna sound odd, but like, have you ever been in love?" He asked.

Josh looks taken aback, but opens his mouth to answer, "Yeah I have. Twice," he says, blankly.

Jaden's face contorts in confusion, "Twice?" He asked.

"Yeah once with Nessa and now with the girl I'm seeing," he said like it was normal.

"I mean I knew about Nessa. But the new girl?"

Josh nodded, "Yeah I'm seeing this girl, have been for a while now. Her name is River, and we wanted to keep it under wraps for a while," he explained.

Jaden couldn't be mad, he understood. Social media relationships were the worst when they got into the public eye. And he understood where Josh was coming from even more since his breakup with Nessa was public, well their whole relationship was. "I get it," he says.

"So why did you ask?" Josh questioned.

"Ahh I think I might be in love with someone," he answered.

Jaden paced back and forth through his closet. He pulled out everything. All his pants and sweaters, his t-shirts, and sweatshirts. Nothing seemed to look good enough for his mind to be satisfied.

"Fuck," he cursed. He sat on his bed and looked at the mess he had made. He only had a pair of black corduroy pants on and long white socks. He could settle for a nice button-down with an oversized sweater.

"Wait-" The idea sounded nice to him. He looks through the piles of clothes, digging to find his favorite sweater. He looked through the child-sized pile, looking for the stupid sweater.

It was a black sweater with a skull printed on the front and the words "Dead Soul" printed on the back. He loved it, and he will always cherish it. He finally found it and sighed in relief.

He quickly slipped the button down on and then the sweater following. He grabbed some white doc martins. He got his socks on and then his shoes. He paired it with some glasses and rings, already having some earrings in.

He looked at the time and he had two hours left till Colson came to pick him up, he wasn't sure how long it was going to take. He sighed and sat down on his bed

Colson pulled up to the familiar house, now knowing the route by memory. He sent Jaden a text that he was here and saw the boy emerge from the door a few minutes later. Colson had gotten Jaden's favorite flowers.

Jaden reached his car and opened the door, being met with a now pink head of hair, and black roses.

Jaden was shocked by the color of his hair, he somehow looked hotter.

"I love your hair," he says, taking the flowers, "Thank you, Kells."

"I'm glad you like it, and it's no biggie," he smiled. Jaden sits down and then looks over, getting a good look at Colson. He subconsialy bit his lip. He loved the color on him, it made his pale but slightly tan olive skin stands out.

They rode together in somewhat comfortable silence but you could feel the awkward tension between them.

Once they got there, they were ofcourse swarmed by the tabliods. Both tried to avoid them and not answer any questions but did pose for some pictures.

Colson quickly said something to the waitress and then she led them to a more secluded place. Jaden was in awe of the place. It was a smaller room with a table, some plants, decorations, and chairs. It was minimalistic but it was cute.

"Take a seat," Colson pulled out the chair for Jaden to sit on. Jaden thanked him and sat down on the chair. Colson sat opposite to him and Jaden could see him wipe his hands on the table.

"So..." Colson started.

🎸𖥻 [ 𝐑𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑 ]

XANS OPINIONS |

another cliff hanger.

anyways two chapters left, and then the new book.
also it is a little hard for me to write while i'm in hawaii bc i'm normally put doing things.

so i'm gonna take a few days off so i can pre write more chapters of my new book after this one is finished.