thirty-one | "be my boyfriend?"

🎸𖥻 [ 𝐑𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑 ]

"So..." Colson said.

Jaden's stomach sank, he was scared of what was about to be said. Jaden nodded, gulping and sighing.

"I did a test, to see if I'm the father of Megan's child. And thank the lord, I am not," he said, slowly and carefully, studying Jaden's face.

He couldn't get any clear expression, and Jaden couldn't present one either.

"I- that's- uhm— good?" He fumbled his words.

Colson chortled, "Yes it is. Now she can finally stop bugging us," he sighs.

Jaden lets out a sigh too. Not that he was hoping that he wasn't the father, he may or may not have done some manifesting, but he didn't know if he and Colson would be able to pursue each other with her being in the way.

Because if there's one thing Jaden won't do, is break up a family. He would never force Colson to give up time with Casie just so they could hang out. Jaden's dad left when he was around seventeen, and it was hard on him then, so he was extra cautious to let Casie have her time with her dad.

"I'm not going to lie, I am happy you're not the father. So at least we can continue this, whatever this is," he points between him and Colson as he says the last words.

"I know," is all Colson says.

They look over the menu and discuss the different options and what sounds good to each. After they both agree on dishes, both getting different things, the waiter arrives.

Jaden and Colson look at each other, silently trying to figure out who should go first. Jaden opens his mouth to speak, "I-"

"I-" Colson says at the same time.

"Go ahead," Jaden laughs a little.

Colson nods, "Okay," he places his order, and then Jaden goes right after him.

The waitress copies down the orders and then walks away. Both Jaden and Colson look at each other and burst out laughing.

"She doesn't like us," Colson manages to say, in between laughs.

Jaden nods along, "Yeah did you see her face when I asked for no tomatoes? Like bitch, I'm sorry I'm allergic to them," he says.

They go back and forth cracking jokes till their food came. They thank the girl and laugh a bit once she leaves.

"So uhm, I feel like I should say this now," Colson says after taking a bite of his food.

Jaden shrugs, "Go ahead," he takes another bite.

"So I really like you, like a lot. And I know I haven't treated you the best recently. I'm so sorry for that, and I know sorry won't change any hurt and pain that I've caused you, but I'm hoping I can rebuild your feelings towards me. There hasn't been a night that we weren't together where I hadn't cried. I was upset with myself for not opening up to you, and for not saying things that I thought didn't matter, but they did. I'm sorry if you ever felt like I wasn't there for you. If I ever get the chance to make you mine, for real this time, I'll be sure to treat you better than anyone has ever treated you," he confesses.

A small tear forms in Jaden's eye, which he is quick to wipe away. The action doesn't go unnoticed by Colson. He grabs Jaden's hand and gives it a small squeeze.

"Cole, that's sweet, really. I missed you during the time we were apart. I know you'll try your hardest if we ever get together. You never made me feel that unwanted, sure there were times, but it wasn't the main focus. I do think we need to work on communication between us, because there is stuff that I should have said, and there was plenty you should have said too. But there's nothing in the past that we can change, but there is stuff we can change moving forward," he says.

Colson looks at him dead in the eyes. It's not creepy, but sweet rather. Jaden blushes and smiles, letting out a little laugh.

"So let's agree to both work on things," he tells Jaden.

Jaden agrees, "Yes," he picks up his glass of water. Colson does the same and they raise them. "Here is to us, and here is to us hopefully being together soon." They clank their glasses together and then take a sip.

They continue to eat their food and talk about random bullshit that they wouldn't have brought up if they weren't together.

They really sit with each other. They got each other's humor, and the things they said each other just understood.

At the end of the night, Colson paid the bill, and he and Jaden fought over it. They both left and made sure to apologize to the waitress, to which she just brushed off. She assured them she was just having a bad night and it had nothing to do with them. Thye felt bad for the girl and gave her an extra hefty tip.

They made it back to the car and stood in front of it.

"Thank you, Jaden, really. This was a great night," Colson took his hand.

Jaden blushed, looking down, "It's nothing really," then he caught what he said, "No-no not like that. Shit. I mean, I loved being out with you," he quickly fixed himself.

Colson laughed, "You're too cute Jae," he smiles.

They're kissing. With the swift movement of Jaden extending on his tippy toes. His lips are one of Colson's and they're moving in sync. Neither one has pulled away, and neither one wants to.

It's something that they have both missed, even though any other kisses were followed by something much less pure. Jaden would count this as their first kiss, their true first kiss.

Colson breaks the kiss, needing air. They both smile at each other adoration in their eyes.

Colson has an itching question he wants to ask, but the words won't come out.

"Be my boyfriend?" Jaden asks.

Colson curses himself, he wanted to be the one to ask. But he needs to say something anyway, "Yes."

Jaden jumps around and then pulls the taller down for a kiss. He breaks it this time, making it much shorter than the last, "We're boyfriends!" He exclaims.

"We're boyfriends!" Colson affirms.

Finally, we are boyfriends, Colson thinks.

🎸𖥻 [ 𝐑𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑 ]

XAN'S OPINIONS |

Legit one more chapter.

Characters for the next book are up!