twenty five | you messed up, again.

🎸 # [ ROCKSTAR ]

Peace is something that never came easy to Jaden, even when he was in control. He never felt much pace in recent years. It's always been one thing after another, good or bad.

He noticed a pattern, it was a good thing that came first, followed by a bad thing. Which is what led to a night filled with paranoia.

He paces back and forth through his room, bitting at his nails.

"It's all too calm, he and I are fine, too fine," he mumbles, looking in the mirror. He never knew how he is supposed to calm himself down in a situation like this.

He lays down on his bed and grabs his phone, harmless little internet wouldn't hurt him. He opens twitter and goes to the trending page, he sees a few different animes trending scrolls through them for a bit then goes to look at something else.

"He's trending?" He raises his brow at Colson's name trending. He contemplates if he should scroll through it or not.

"Fuck," he gives in and clicks on the name. His stomach drops, to the fucking floor. He sees Megan and Colson, making out on a boat, in Catalina.

On an impulse, he closes Twitter and opens Imessage. He clicks on Colson's name and starts typing.

"We're done," is all he said. He left no further explanation. He blocked his number and shut his phone off. Getting off his bed Jaden grabs his notebook and pencil. He flips through the pages and reads through the multiple love poems and songs he's written, most if not all being about Colson.

He lets words swirl in his head, not finding the right way to start the poem or potential song.

I spent a lot of nights
Caught up on you.
I spent a lot of nights with you.
All for you just to take my heart
and rip it out of my chest.
Like a zombie feasting on the flesh of a human.

I punch the wall at any thought of you.
I scream and cry when you cross my mind.
I only want you gone from my life.
I'm mad that you'll never be.
But I can never be mad at you.
I can never hate you
As much as I try
I just can't.

I won't go to bed upset at you.
No matter what I know I'll forgive you.
Even if I can't forgive myself
It will be you that I forgive
With love comes heartbreak.
I'll always love you.

Jaden didn't have time to cry, he understood what it took to love Colson. It's funny that he's even saying the words about Colson. There are so many that he could choose and he's being nothing but nice. He didn't even know that he loved Colson the word just spilled out.

"Fucking asshole," he mumbled, getting up from his chair, after checking the time.

He didn't have time to be sad, he wasn't missing a workout.

Colson got the text, and his heart sunk. He understood what he did, he knew what the risk was going out with Megan. He understood this all, and yet he couldn't process it.

He felt like shit, and he was a piece of shit.

"Dad are you okay?" His daughter, Casie asked.

Colson looked up from his phone, "Yeah. Just got some news that's all," he smiled, weakly.

She could see that something was wrong, "Dad, I'm not five anymore, you don't need to hide stuff from me. Please just talk to me," she asked, but more of begging and pleading rather than asking.

Colson smiled inwardly, "Yeah you're right. So there was this person that I was seeing after I broke up with Megan. I've messed up badly with this person once, and I went and did it again. All that they sent was 'We're done and nothing more. I feel bad, knowing I messed up again, knowing I won't get a third chance," he spilled to his daughter.

She nodded, "I know this is a guy you're talking about, and no need to further explain. But if you know you messed up the second chance, then try for a third. It's like you tell me, try until you know when to quit, so try goddammit," she banged her fist on the table.

Colson laughed, "Watch the language, but your right. I should be trying again, not feeling sorry for myself," he said.

"Glad we are on the same page, so let's talk money," she laughed.

You've messed up Colson, again, but this time make it right.

🎸 # [ ROCKSTAR ]

XANS OPINION |

so i know i said i wasn't going to update for about a week, but i leave wednesday, like i'll be on flights all day. so i'm gonna try to get some updates out. and if i have the chance to pre write then yeah. but if not i'll go ghost for a bit.

anyways friday is my last day of school, finally.

also the poem is my own, i wrote it specifically for this book.

have a great night y'all.