Which monster do you prefer ?

Hayley rapped on the hybrid's door twice, but received no response. She pursed her lips, then cautiously tested the handle, finding it unlocked. As she entered the dimly lit hallway adorned with sparse paintings, the mansion exuded an almost eerie atmosphere. Despite its ominous reputation, she sought aid from the infamous original hybrid - a figure known for his brutality, insanity, and numerous victims. Though his notoriety was far from admirable, she needed his protection.

"Hello? Klaus? Hello?" She called out, her voice reverberating through the house, bouncing off the rich oak walls. With no response, she ventured further into the silent residence.

Entering the dining room or sitting area, she was greeted by a surprisingly cozy atmosphere, likely due to the crackling fireplace casting a warm glow. Luxurious black and grey furnishings adorned the space, along with a small table holding a decanter of spirits with a hand resting on it. Following the gaze from the hand to a pair of lifeless blue eyes, framed by dark hair against a pale face, she couldn't help but admire the stunning woman before her, briefly pondering if she was one of Klaus's acquaintances. After a moment of astonishment, she shook her head in disbelief.

"Oops, sorry for barging in. I'm actually searching for Klaus," the ravenette looked at her for a moment before resuming their task.

"Well, clearly I'm not Niklaus," Hayley was surprised by the accent.

"Yeah, I got it... he's a guy, to begin with," she chuckled nervously. Her attempt at a joke failed when the woman raised an eyebrow and offered her a drink. "And he's an original," she ended weakly while taking the drink offered to her.

The woman licked her lips and brought the glass to them, taking a good sip. "Well, it might surprise you, but I'm an original too," she said casually. "Actually, I'm his older sister... I don't suppose you've heard of me, Kara Mikaelson."

Hayley almost choked on her drink. "I'm... sorry... you're her?"

"Mm... is this one of those situations where I'm supposed to guess, or will you be more direct with what you mean?"

Hayley blushed "I've heard of you in the supernatural world... you've become quite infamous." She confessed, a hint of fear in her eyes. Kara noticed the fear and stood up, never breaking eye contact with the young werewolf.

"Tell me, wolf..." she spoke softly, suddenly closing the distance between them, catching the werewolf off guard. "Are you afraid?"

Hayley tightened her grip on the glass, everything in her wanted to say 'yes' but she resisted, meeting Kara's gaze with a steady voice, "No." She surprised herself with how calm she sounded.

Kara, slightly impressed, took the almost empty glass from the young wolf and placed her hand under the girl's chin. "Tell me, little wolf, why are you here? What do you need from my younger brother?" Hayley swallowed hard. "He... wants information from me." Kara hummed thoughtfully. "I see... My brother can be difficult to deal with, but if you're interested in him, there's no need to lie, little wolf." Hayley's eyes widened as she pulled away from Kara's grip. "What?" she asked, surprised, before laughing. "Me? Interested in one of the most ruthless men in existence?"

Kara shrugged, "It's happened before. He's a good-looking guy, knows the right things to say, and can turn on the charm when he wants something in return." She paused, a grin playing on her lips. "And you, well, you're quite the catch, aren't you? Brunette, with bright green eyes and soft lips..." she trailed off. "Quite the duo, I'd say."

Hayley blushed. "Wait, are you hitting on me?"

Kara poured herself another drink. "If not for a little romance, then what intel do you have for my brother?" she asked, brushing off the girl's question.