I pity the foolish bastards

Mikaelson Mansion.

Kara sat in the parlor room, as the movers moved everything from the home into the moving trucks outside. She sipped her bourbon while Klaus sat opposite wearing a inquisitive look.

"Is there a question you'd like to ask brother?"

Klaus rubbed his chin in thought, since last night he was wondering who those vampires were that bowed before his sister, he was sure he'd seen them around Marcel's group before too. "How long? How long have you had spies in Marcel's ranks?"

Kara raised a brow "That's your question?" She shrugged lightly "I believe ... a few days after I arrived in the city, they arrived, scattered, falling in and filling in the cracks I've left when I killed a few of Marcel's night walkers. I needed loyal spies, people that would never betray me.." she said as Rebekah walked in "They've spent the last fifty years in and out of my company.. always by my side when needed and I allow them their freedom .. but they've never run from a fight.." she grinned "But that's not really what you wish to ask is it Niklaus?" She asked taking out the dagger she took from his safe , the very one that was stuck in Elijah's chest. The one in his hands dissolved into sand..

"How?" The question came from both Klaus and Rebekah.

She chuckled "By now you should know .. I'm not as simple as I appear to be.." she played with the dagger when the sound of tires crunching stone met her ears. Her gaze shot to the side.

"Ahh.. now that the cast is assembled.. shall we end this game .." she asked staring at her sister.

"What? Not only will you bite Elijah but you'll start daggering us too?" The snarky response from Rebekah caused her eyes to dull, the teasing all but gone replaced by her true emotions, betrayal and anger breaking through her eyes.

"Niklaus .. I believe you have the chance to weigh in here, after all our sister betrayed us because she felt that you needed to be taken down a peg." When Elijah accompanied by Hayley entered the parlor room "and I believe the noble Elijah would do all he could to protect my child from me.." The silver dagger was twirled between her fingers before she flicked her wrist and watched it sink into the wooden panel right beside Elijah's head.

"I've never allowed myself to show my affection towards you all and that is my fault, I have taken the blame and owned up to my faults, I've never stop Niklaus when he became too paranoid in an attempt to protect you all but only served to hurt you.. that is my fault.." her gaze dropped to Hayley "But I have never over a thousand years showed any inclination that I would use my family as weapons, and now when I was granted a gift I never asked for in the form of a child." She glared at Elijah "You believed I'd use my flesh and blood as a weapon to further my ambitions.... The mere thought of it is disgusting , I'd rather relive Mikaels beatings several lifetimes over .. than use my daughter as a weapon .. a mere tool.." a single tear rolled down her cheek "you have had the chance to defend and stand by me yet you used my past as reason not too.. the only one who did was the bastard brother you condemn .. well.." she wiped her cheek " I suppose us bastards should stick together .." with her piece said crossed the space "I'm going to live in my home.. join me or don't , I don't care.." she looked at Hayley "but you will be coming with me."

••••••••••••••••••

"My siblings and I are the first vampires in history, the originals.Three hundred years ago I built this city with some help from my siblings..

One hundred years ago I was driven out, driven out by a mad man" her gaze stopped on Marcel as he sat stiffly at the table "In my absence a new king reigned... but I've taken it back..I had hoped that perhaps it would bring my family together.." she chuckled wryly "But this isn't a fairy tail .. however, in their absence I've decided to renew bonds of old." She raised her glass "Old friends, old acquaintances.. ones who will do their absolute best in defending my unborn daughter." There was audible gasp from the group "Ahh yes.. you know, I'm confounded by nature and it's loopholes but since nature deemed me fit, I believe my daughter will be welcomed with open arms. In the spirit of this.." she stared at Hayley at the end of the other table "I've been thinking on having the wolves return to the quarter."