Alliances

'They say the passage of time heals all wounds, but the greater the loss, the deeper the cut, the more difficult the process to become whole again. The pain may fade, but scars serve as a reminder of our suffering, and make the bearer all the more resolved never to be wounded again. So, as time moves along, we get lost in distractions. Act out in frustration. React with aggression. Give in to anger. And, all the while, we plot and plan as we wait to grow stronger, and before we know it, the time passes. We are healed. Ready to begin anew.'

Kara stared out her window deep in thought, as much as one could be when cavorting with the enemy, when arms writhed its way around her waist. "It's much too early to be so deep in thought love"

Kara's lip twitched faintly at the term of endearment but kept her expression aloof, centuries of masking her truer emotions worked favorably these moments "I think it's much too early to continue what we've been doing since last night.."

Cassandra chuckled, kissing Kara's shoulder playfully nipping at the open skin "Can you blame me? Our lovemaking is even better than I remember"

Kara felt sick to her stomach but never allowed her true emotions to show on her face "Yes well I've always been an over achiever" she said gently extracting herself from the witch "Aren't  you supposed to be meeting those harvest girls today?" She asked changing the subject.

Cassandra sighed but grabbed her clothes "I suppose I do." She muttered disappointment lacing her tone. She walked over to Kara gripping her chin pulling her into a long kiss "I would rather much stay here .. in your bed and make love to you." 

Kara smiled slightly "Unfortunately love, the city needs to be run and that's my job" she said gathering her own clothes.

"Oh .. I didn't think your lover would still be lurking in our home sister?" Kara rolled her eyes at Niklaus's mocking.

"Actually Cassandra was just on her way out, witch business and all that brother" she replied lightly.

Cassandra smirked and placed one last kiss to Kara's lips and swaggered from the room swaying her hips as she walked.

When she was gone Klaus looked at his sister "You recall this woman is the one who tore our family apart ?"

Kara licked her lips smiling mockingly  "No I recall Rebekah is the one who did that all by herself" she said dismissing his prodding.

"She's also the reason Rebekah has left, gone forever" added Elijah from Klaus's side.

Kara grit her teeth in annoyance" A desire she harbored much longer than I can remember. Have you both come here to state the obvious and comment on my choice in a bedmate or is there actually something substantial to take not of?"

Elijah sighed "It's been a month Kara, I know you feel the loss of our sister as deeply as we do, but this— you're sleeping with the very woman and coven that sought to harm your child!"

Kara scoffed "Its well in hand, I assure you" she replied dryly.

"And what of Hayley? What of the mother of your child? she's in the bayou, betrayed by your actions. I thought you cared for her more than you have for any other woman" asked Elijah not hiding his anger.

Kara glanced at him keeping her anger hidden, She despised what this was doing to Hayley but without knowing Cassandra's intentions toward her daughter , she could not end the farce "Hayley is happy, happy with her family. She is surrounded by wolves that would protect her. My hybrids have been sending me daily updates of her health." She retorted cooly

Klaus sighed his frustration no longer hidden  "Sister we cannot help you if you don't tell us of your plans, we need to work together, this city is falling apart— the past month you've done nothing but fuck that woman."