The past comes back to bite you III

Marcel gathered the vampires and the hybrids in the city to search for the missing originals. Klaus was taken, Kara was gone and yet no one had heard a single thing from Rebekah.

"We searched the entire city man, there's no sign of them anywhere."

Kevin grit his teeth smashing a chair "Well search harder, that's my sire and my alpha!" He spat the vampire who squared his shoulders in response.

"Kevin calm down, we're all worried—"" Kevin cut his wife off with scoff at the vampires.

"No, we're worried, we're concerned, they look happy, rejoicing that the one being who would kill them without blinking is gone."

Marcel pursed his lips, he had no jurisdiction of course the hybrids were a wild card they were only loyal to Kara and yet she was missing.

"Claire did you find anything?" The girl chanted in ancient Latin, over maps of New Orleans.Her shoulders sunk.

"Nothing! Whoever has Kara and her brother are bloody strong, they cloaked them."

Elijah stepped through the compound with Hayley at his side, his eyes moving to the vampires and hybrids before settling in the hybrids who looked tense, angry , lusting for blood.

"I know who took them, I know who we're up against." He said throwing his jacket aside and rolled up his sleeves.

"Cassandra Delacour, a witch one of the strongest there was a hundred years ago" he paused briefly "Celeste Dubois another witch who has the power of the harvest flowing through her." He paused gritting his teeth "They have Kara, Rebekah and Niklaus. Somewhere, and I want every building in this city turned over in search of them."

Kevin grit his teeth but didn't defy the order this wasn't about hierarchy,he only wanted to get back his friend and alpha "The hybrids will split up, cover the left half of the city." He assured and glanced at Hayley "But we can't leave our alphas baby momma unguarded either."

Elijah frowned "Why not, she'll be safe here"

Kevin shook his head "You don't understand, we literally can't leave her unguarded it's the reason one hybrid is around her all the time unless Kara is there."

Claire interjected with a small smile at Hayley "Your daughter is already seen as Kara's heir, in doing so, the true sire bond between Kara and the hybrids compels them to keep her safe which in turn means you."

Lara nodded "Kev, you go — you're the better tracker, I'll stay with Hayley, the rest of you should scatter as well. Claire will be here trying to break through the cloaking spells covering Kara and the rest of the Mikalesons."

Elijah nodded in agreement "Are you alright with that Hayley?"

Hayley nodded slightly still partially surprised by Kara's pack devotion to her daughter "Yeah.. I'll be fine, I'm sure Lara will make sure I remain in one piece. Just make sure to bring Kara back" she paused "and the rest of course" she added sheepishly.

Elijah simply nodded "I will I swear"

••••••••••••

FLEUR-DE-LIS SANITARIUM

Cassandra smiled slightly at the sight of her lover, she gently caressed her while tearing off her shirt leaving her top half bare. She glanced slightly at the restraints, she knew it was needed Kara wouldn't listen to her any other way.

When the woman groaned and stirred she offered a small smile.

"Even after all these years apart , you look as good as I remember" she whispered softly.