Loyalty, fear? I use both

Kara idly played with the dagger in her hands, she was sure within the next few hours Elijah would be as right as rain once more.

Even so she sent Clarke to keep an eye on the two. So far he said there hadn't been any changes and that Hayley was caring for her brother . The anger and betrayal she felt earlier still simmered beneath her skin but she needed to focus that pain into something productive hence the reason she was here watching Marcel and Rebekah ..

The game Rebekah played was truly one she had come to expect from her . The sweet girl was rather manipulative, even if their goals were aligned it seemed Marcel had fallen into her trap. Or perhaps they'd fallen into Rebekah's.

If she didn't have such an advantage she would never have believed her sister to betray her as well. But these days it was becoming easier to believe especially with her older brothers latest stunt.

She wanted to tell Klaus but his emotions would get him in a precarious situation and so she waited, she watched and watched the show go on, truly amusing but it gave her some time to think about what needed to be done. After dethroning Marcel, her family would once more be in control. His vampires.. rather a poor excuse for a community would be needed as much as she wanted to kill the sod and get it over with. Her brother still carried some form of affection toward his wayward adopted son. So brutally killing Marcellus was out of the question for now anyway.

"It's happening tonight" she tilted her head and glanced at Kevin.

She offered a nod. "Do not interfere, I wish to know end this myself, only after I've ended it, will you reveal yourself as to what you are will come later. If you choose to remain after the city safe and my daughter is born that's your choice.."

Kevin sipped his drink "eh.. could be fun? I'm sure you've got a few mortal enemies wanting your head... so I guess we'll stick around. You are our alpha after all."

Kara scoffed and finished her drink "I appreciate it, your loyalty to me and mine.. if only my dear sister and brother could learn a thing or two about it." She muttered displeased.

Kevin patted her back "Come on, siblings fight, it happens.. you'll get over it. Besides I'm sure your big bro ain't got a chance in hell with Hayley anyway that girls onto you like crack smoker looking for their next fix."

Kara rolled her eyes at the poor metaphor the man used  "Who says I'm worried? This woman accused me of using our child as a weapon.. why would I even be interested?"

The knowing smirk on Kevin's face made her want to smash his head against the counter "Feelings doesn't disappear because we want it to.. kinda like a STD"

Kara choked on her drink while the man beside her cackled like a idiot "I forget at times that you have the emotional range of a desert spoon." She shook her head and checked her watch "Within a hour or two I'll take my city back.. exciting isn't it?"

Kevin chuckled "Yeah make sure to give Claire a heads up , girls been thirsty for you for a while."

Kara pinched the bridge of her nose "How does your wife stand you?"

"That's it isn't it, she doesn't take it standing, but lying down.." he said waggling his brows.

Kara closed her eyes before breathing out a soft laugh. Yes this was why she kept the idiot around. He had the ability to make her laugh, after all every queen needed a court jester.

"Go.. and do your job Kevin. I'll see you later" she waved him off, the man nodded with an ever present grin  and left his seat. She slumped back into her own seat. Within the next few hours fireworks would begin.