Betrayal..

Kara ripped her restraints wildly "Let me loose Cassandra!"

Cassandra smirked slightly "You're too weak, you need to feed but before you do, I want you word that you won't harm me for what I've done."

Kara grit her teeth, she was mad, angry— betrayal filled her every thought, her sister , her own flesh and blood brought the man that caused her and Niklaus so much pain, a man that burned down everything' she created, worked for.. for a man's love. Her eyes burned with fury, " Let me go" she seethed, her eyes flickering between blue and violet— her gaze was intimidating and Cassandra shivered slightly.

"Swear to me Kara" she remained steely eyed.

Kara's hybrid visage faded in and out as she struggled to remain in control of her tumultuous emotions, the storm raging in her wasn't one she could contain. So with her restraint breaking ever so slowly "I swear" she seethed.

Cassandra nodded and loosened the restraints and offered her neck with hesitation "Drink"

When she was loosened she gripped Cassandra's neck and sunk her teeth into her skin swallowing the bubbling blood with a hum of satisfaction.. she pulled away as promised and but her own wrist to heal the torn skin.

"Here" she offered , Cassandra wasted no time and drank from her ex lover enjoying the euphoric taste lingering on her tongue. She pulled away with a smile on her lips..

"As tasty as I remember" she commented. Kara turned her eyes away and searched for her shirt — the bone dagger glinted at her and she took it as well.

"Where is she?" She asked her eyes hard.

"Down the hallway my love I suspect she'll already be running"

••••••••••••••••

Mikaelson compound

"What have you found Hayley?"

Hayley turned the laptop to face the two men "Clara Summerlin, she died from the Spanish influenza, it was a natural death nothing like the others" she explained "She worked at the FLEUR-DE-LIS SANITARIUM"

Elijah nodded slightly "I remember, Rebekah went on her usual stints, trying to save the world one influenza victim at a time."

Marcel shifted his feet "They're there" he said calmly but there was fear in his eyes.

Elijah glanced at him "Why do you sound so sure about that Marcel?" He asked suspiciously

Marcel half shrugged "Look if you want to save your family, just trust me alright" he tried but Elijah wouldn't be swayed, he grabbed Marcel by his neck pushing him up against the wall.

"Tell me what you know, and may I remind you that my family suffers in agony while you stand here giving me vague cues! Tell me Marcellus"

Marcel struggled under the hold "Okay! Okay.!"

Elijah loosened his grip slightly "Well?"

Marcel sighed " Truth is Rebekah killed Cassandra" he admitted looking away "She found out something she wasn't supposed to know, Rebekah got scared and killed her."

Hayley frowned "What did she find ?"

Marcel clenched his jaw "She found the reason Mikael came to New Orleans at all." He admitted the silence was telling, Elijah stared at the man , the boy his brother took in, raised as a son. The boy his sister taught ..

"You.. brought.. Mikael to New Orleans? Knowing what he was to our family? Knowing the scars inflicted upon us, upon my siblings, on Kara and Niklaus ?" His anger was slowly rising to the surface when his eyes lit in realization