Chapter Four

It was mid-day and Josie had decided to do some studying in the library for her upcoming tests.

She didn't necessarily need to but she was bored and couldn't think of anything else to do. Josie found weekends uneventful: she, unlike her sister, wasn't exactly a party animal and enjoyed the clear structured format of school.

Hope was the opposite, she had always adored any minute she could get out of the classroom to spend time alone and with recent events she needed that time more than ever.

There weren't many people in the library. There were a few younger students who Josie assumed were preparing for their origins of the species exam that took place on Monday, but other than that the room was quiet.

Josie thought about Hope.

She'd found that her mind had been clouded with her since she saw her again. Intoxicating her, but in the best way possible.

Hope was everything Josie wanted. She was kind, smart, loyal, beautiful and she made her feel so safe. Josie wondered to herself if she wanted Hope as more than a friend.

It wasnt that Penelope wasn't the things Hope was, just that with Hope something felt different.

With Hope ,she felt as if she was enclosed in a perfect warmth. With Penelope she always felt on edge and almost inferior- Hope never made Josie feel that way.

It didn't matter.

Josie wouldn't leave Penelope for someone who doesn't even like her back and would probably never like her back.

Plus a relationship with Hope now of all times would be selfish and cruel. Hope needed Josie as a friend, to put anything else on her right now would be unfair. Josie loved Penelope. She did. It just wasn't the way she wanted.

Just as she was thinking about her, Penelope walked into the library. Josie admired how perfect she looked, how her smile made Josie smile.

"Hey Jo, where were you last night. I woke up this morning and you were gone and you didn't sleep in Lizzies room so where were you.

"Are you okay?" Penelope asked concerned.

Josie didnt quite know how to answer. She knew Penelope wouldn't be happy with her sleeping in Hope's room, but she couldn't lie to her.

"I slept in Hope's room," she replied

"You what?" Penelope questioned. Josie saw the hints of anger trying to be suppressed in her face as her jealousy started consuming her.

"She came back yesterday and I saw her in detention. She was upset and I was worried. She's my friend so I went to check up on her and she was in tears and couldn't sleep. I stay with her because she needed someone," Josie explained calmly.

Penelope didn't look the slightest bit less angry, infact she looked more.
"Jo I love you but you are so stupid at times,"

Josie tried not to be hurt by her words and allowed her to continue, "you snuck out while I was asleep to go and 'comfort' someone you previously had a CRUSH on. And you then decide to sleep over in her bed, and you DON'T see how that looks. You were clearly trying to hide this from me," Penelope accuses as she gives Josie a betrayed look.

Penelope was angry and the guilt overwhelmed Josie.

"Penelope I di-," Josie tried to explain.

"Save it. I ca- I can't deal with this right now," she responded while putting her hand up and walking away.

Josie felt she needed to run after her, to ask her to stay, to explain, but her body wouldn't.

Penelope wasn't the one Josie wanted.

Okay overly short chapter and I apologise but I wanted to give u something so here you go <3
Hope you have a good day x