Chapter Twenty

Hope had been holding onto Josie tightly for a few minutes. Josie's touch was an anchor to her, reminding her she was safe.

Everywhere on Hope's body, ached. Her healing powers might as well have not existed. Her mouth was dry from the venom taken, her body could feel the effects of the voltage as they had burned her insides, but her stomach was the worst.

Her stomach felt bruised, she tried to keep it still to prevent it hurting. But it was no use. She could practically feel her blood pumping, trying to fix where she was injured.

Hope moved her hand to look at it. She remembered him doing it, his hand inside her, the stitches he did as if he was sowing a pair of jeans.

"It's infected," Josie said. Hope could curl up in a ball from the look on her girlfriends face. So full of hurt for her.

"It hurts," Hope said. Hope had a very high pain tolerance and Josie knew that. Which is why if Hope said something hurt, it would've had to be excruciatingly painful.

"My mom made you a drink. It is supposed to have stuff in it to make you feel better," Josie said. She wasn't going to let Hope reach for it herself so walked around the bed to grab it for her.

As she left her side Josie could tell Hope was anxious. They were mere meters apart but it didn't stop Hope from becoming scared again.

Josie got the drink and kissed the top of her head before sitting back down. Hope took a sip. Her mouth was raw and bleeding from what the man did and the drink stung where the machine had cut her cheeks.

Hope winced and Josie noticed.
"Does it taste bad?" Josie asked confused.
"No my mouth just hurts from stuff he did," Hope said.

Josie kissed Hope's cheek and held her head as her forehead rested on it.
"I brought begniets if you feel up for eating,"Josie offered.

Hope smiled at Josie remembering what she likes.
"Maybe later," Hope said trying not to hurt Josies feelings.

"Do you want to talk about it, cuddle, not talk or distraction?" Josie asked. She wanted to do everything she could to help Hope.

"Urm..distraction I guess," Hope answered.

Josie wasn't suprised at her answer, she didn't expect Hope to want to talk just yet, and she assumed she was to injured to cuddle.

"I found something out about me and Lizzie," Josie said starting a conversation Hope looked interested so she continued, "my mom basically saved us from this super evil ritual thing where one of us would've had to kill the other. Your aunt helped with it actually," Josie said.

"Well I'm glad one of you doesn't have to die anymore," Hope smiled.

Josie could tell she was exhausted as her responses were quite short. Hope was also scared and she preferred to just listen rather than join in.

"Freya also told me about your teddy," Josie smiled as she picked up the bear.
"Fluffy was the best name you could come up with!" Josie teased as Hope took the bear off of her.

"Hey dont bully fluffy. Your name suits you very much don't listen to her," Hope said, now talking to the bear which Josie found adorable.

The two laughed before Hope squinted in pain from her stomach. She groaned and Josie was quick to make sure she was okay.
"Hope it's getting worse, I think I need to get my mom," Josie said.

"No.. please don't leave," Hope said almost in tears again. Josie grabbed her hand and held it, guilty she made her upset.
"I'm not leaving my love don't worry," Josie responded.