Chapter Thirty-Two

Josie moved Hope's head to rest by her chest as she kissed her forehead. Hope wasn't asleep yet and Josie didnt know if she would go to sleep.

Hope had her eyes closed for sometime but it was clear she wasn't anywhere near to sleeping.

"It's not working. I'm closing my eyes and nothing is happening maybe I just lost the ability to sleep or something. You get some rest I dont want you to be tired tomorrow because you stayed up for me,"

"Here, sit up for me okay?" Josie asked before she held Hope's head in her hands and placed a kiss on her cheek.

"Am I allowed to help you. I know your tired but I think you are thinking too much and it's not good for you. You need you get some proper rest and I think right now maybe abit of magic will help you. Only if you want to," she suggested.

She could see the exhaustion in Hope's eyes. She wasn't trying to make her sleep dependant on magic but Hope wasn't in sound enough mind right now to work through her issues with sleep.

Hope was wary, submitting herself to unconsciousness made her anxious and not being in control of herself was scary.

" I promise I won't knock you out I will just help you to stop thinking and send you into a quiet sleep. I'll be here the whole time, you will be safe I promise,"

"Okay, but can you do it slowly," Hope accepted.

"Of course,"

Josie siphoned some magic from Hope and performed a spell to ease her nerves and help her brain not to overthink so much.

It was evident Hope became more relaxed as her head leaned into Josies hand as she stroked her cheek.

"You're okay I'm right here," Josie whispered.

The final part of the spell made Hope slowly fall asleep. Her head now almost dropping down if Josie didnt steady it.

Josie eased Hope to lie down and it was no suprise when Hope's arms immediately clung to Josies waist, squeezing her tightly in an attempt to keep her safe.

Josie stayed awake for a little while longer watching her girlfriend finally look peaceful as she smoothed her hair with her fingers.

Okay so this chapter is like hardly a chapter it's so short but it's just a short little snippet bc I was bored and wanted to write this scene but couldn't be bothered writing the but where they wake up yet so enjoy <33333333