Chapter Twenty- Eight

Rebekah knocked gently onto Hope's door before entering. She smiled when she saw Josie and Hope asleep together on the bed.

It was around 2pm and neither of them had had any food the whole day. Hope probably wouldn't eat, but Josie most likely forgot to eat so Rebekah figured she'd make some food for them both.

She brought in a plate and left a note by it for when they woke.

There was a crash outside from the werewolves sparring which woke both of them up. Hope was alot more startled at the noise but Josie was quick to comfort her.

Josie didnt realise she'd fallen asleep, she wasn't tired as such but she could feel Hope's tiredness and that made her sleepy.

"Rebekah has left us some food," Josie said quietly as she sat up, with Hope still holding Josies waist.

"I'm not hungry," Hope mumbled as she buried her head into Josies thigh to go back to sleep.

"She even left some beignets" Josie said in a convincing voice as she took one from the plate and handed it to Hope.

Hope tried to hide her smile as she took the pastry and took a bite from it. Josie was happy she was finally eating and took another of them to eat herself.

Josie figured Hope was probably sick of people asking how she felt so decided to refrain from doing so. She'd find out in other ways.

"What do you want to do today?" Josie asked politely.

Hope just wanted to lie in bed forever to avoid how she felt, she didn't have much energy to do alot. Hope shrugged tiredly.

"Well then I'm in charge. I'm going to show you my favourite spot on the school grounds," Josie said as she pulled Hope to stand up.

Josie had been doing reading on trauma and depression and the possible effects these things could be having on Hope. She'd read that time outside and getting on a short walk would help slightly. But Hope didn't have to know this. For all she knew Josie just wanted to take her somewhere.

Walking through what felt like miles of forest to Hope, Josie led her to a small cabin-like house. There weren't weren't doors as it was quite old and they'd fallen off, but somehow the place felt safe.

Stepping in, Hope could see a small pile of books in the corner and blankets and teddies lines up to make a sitting area. There were candles around and a draw filled with snacks.

"This place is nice," Hope said trying to sound enthused- she was- but her tiredness could be heard by Josie.

Josie smiled and held Hope's hand as she led her to sit down in the blanket floor she'd made.

"I started making it last year. I needed a break from school and I found this place. No one else knows about it. Not even Lizzie," Josie stated as she wrapped her arms around Hope while sat down.

"So you used to come her alone?" Hope asked as she turned around and looked at Josie.

"Yes why?" Josie replied.

"Just we're kind of far away and it could get dark and it's in the middle of nowhere and someone could find you and hurt you and no one would've know where you were," Hope said worriedly.

Josie chuckled slightly ad she put a hand on Hope's cheek.

"You're cute when you're worried about me," Josie said quietly as she kissed her.

Hope blushed and the two lay down as Hope continued to hold Josies waist.

Hope would take confort in the fact that at least now she knows about this place, so if Josie were to get hurt she could protect her.