Chapter Twenty- Four

Hope had been sat at the tree for quite some time. She knew she was missing most of her lessons but she didn't care. She didn't have the energy to cope with anything anymore.

She was lay down on the grass now, watching from a distance as people faded in and out of the building. Hope wanted to join them, be apart of their world. The air grew colder and the rain started to pour, Hope didn't go inside she simply allowed it to happen.

Picking up her phone she dialed to the Mikaelson compound. She didn't know who would pick up but was glad when she heard a familiar voice respond.

"Hello sweetheart. How are you?" Rebekah asked. Rebekah was just back from her honeymoon with Marcel after Freya called about the man who tested on Hope. She aided her sister in making sure the Augustine supporters were all dead.

"I don't know," Hope responded almost tiredly.

Rebekah could sense the hopelessness in her voice and was concerned.

"Is there something physically wrong with you or do you think it's something else?" Rebekah asked trying to get a better picture of what was going on.

"Something else," Hope replied. Her aunt could hear the sniffle as she responded.

"Oh sweetheart it's okay. Do you want me to come and visit? I can stay for a few weeks?" Rebekah offered.

Throughout Hope's life, Hope was known to have breakdowns. Rebekah was the constant safe space for Hope. Her father had always been unreliable, not because he was a bad person but because of the constant line of enemies that caused him to be. And although Hayley had always been in Hope's life until recently, it was always Rebekah she wanted whenever she felt like this.

Rebekah knew all the signs of a breakdown, and was expecting another one after this past month of trauma.

"No don't. I'm fine. I want to be by myself," Hope said.

Pushing people away: Rebekah made a mental note. A sign Hope would have a breakdown.

"How about you spend some time with Josie. Freya told me you two were dating, I'm sure she'll want to help you," Rebekah suggested.

"No I don't want to hurt her. She deserves better," Hope replied getting more upset.

Believing she was a burden: another mental note taken by Rebekah.

"Okay. Can you tell me any details of how you feel so I can help you abit more?" Rebekah asked. She was severely worried about Hope and wanted to make sure that she was helped.

"I'm just. I'm tired all the time. And I don't feel anything and I want to feel something. It's not fair," Hope sobbed still lay on the grass.

Exhaustion: Rebekah took note.

"I know sweetheart it's not fair at all. Where are you right now. Are you safe?" Rebekah asked.

Rebekah knew Hope was prone to hurting herself. As much as she tried to reason it by saying she 'healed so it didn't matter', Rebekah still wanted to make sure she was safe.

"I'm outside. Yeah.. I'm safe," Hope said lying. She wasn't safe in the sense that she wasn't hurting herself, but she wasn't in any real danger. So it was fine.

"Hope why don't you go and get some rest in your room?" Rebekah advised.

Hope wanted to. She wanted to be warm and comfy in her bed, but she couldn't. It was like her emotions were weighing her down. She was so exhausted.

"I'm too tired," she cried as she turned on her side and curled into a ball.

"Okay. Can you stay where you are then and make sure you don't get cold," Rebekah spoke. She heard Hope agree quietly.
"You'll be okay. Just take it one day at a time okay Hope," Rebekah said.