Chapter Thirty- One

Josie was getting ready in the bathroom making sure her appearance didn't resemble that of driving 5 hours in her first proper meeting of Hope's family.

"You look beautiful they will love you Jo,"

Hope said easing the very obvious stress she could feel coming from her girlfriend.

As for Hope, she simply redid her hair and put some jewelry over her already existing outfit she wore in the car. She was too tired to change completely so made herself as presentable as possible.

Josie knew something was wrong with Hope. Of course there was her depression being a major factor but it wasn't just brain chemicals something was upsetting her.

Josie wouldn't press her on it. Not yet at least.

"Are we ready to go ladies?" Lizzie asked already walking out the door before them in a runway worthy outfit.

The stairs in the Mikealson compound allowed nothing to be kept hidden and their presence was made known well before they reached the dining room.

Kol was sat at the table next to Rebekah who was clearly mid squabbling with him but it was put on hold to greet their niece and friends.

Freya and Keelin were bringing out plates of food suitable for a family much bigger than this one but not a fraction less than what Hope expected them to do.

Marcel was across from Rebekah but stood up to help organise plates of food on the table.

Lizzie lept at the opportunity to sit at the seat next to Kol at the end of the table and Hope and Josie too their seats next to Marcel on the opposite side.

"Hello my little witch, and hello her other witch girlfriend it's very nice to see you both," Kol spoke first as keelin and Freya took their seat together at the head of the table.

"So Josie, Lizzie you're Caroline's daughter aren't you?" He continued as he snatched the bred roll before Rebekah could take it.

"Yes," Josie answered.

Hope was holding her hand under the table to settle her nerve, stroking the back of it gently with her thumb.

"You know Caroline and Niklaus were somewhat of an item back in the day," Marcel joined in.

"Yeah I know, my mom said he was a nice person when I found out he died some months ago. I figured they had to have at least fuc-," Lizzie responded

"This is a really nice meal," Josie interrupted before the conversation got awkward.

"Thank you Josie. I'm Keelin, Freyas wife by the way we made this meal specially as it used to be one of Hope's favourites,"

"Does that mean there is a high chance of beingets for desert?" Josie smiled

"Oh we wouldn't serve anything less for our niece now would we?"

Keelin and Josie laughed. Much of Josies stress was alleviated by Keelin. She felt a sort of unspoken connection to her.

Both were dating powerful Mikaelson daughters and hadn't been around an environment like this before. Both fairly academic from what Josie had discovered from the meal and both had similar interests.

It felt as if they were the same person.

On the other hand, Lizzie and Kol had managed to leave the table together for Kol to show Lizzie all his greatest magical triumphs. Its safe to say their carefree attitude yet loyal sense of self made them a more suited bond to create.

Hope had been quite quiet the whole meal, Marcel had tried engaging with her at the demand of Rebekah who was watching from across the table but she responded in short replies and nods.