Chapter Twenty-One

"Hope no, open your eyes you idiot!" Lizzie said scared as she noticed.
There was no response.

Josie looked at Hope blankly, holding her hand with both of hers as she rested her head against it.

Was this it? Would she die now. After everything she'd been through is this how it ends?

Josie couldn't cry, not yet.

Moments after her eyes closed, Freya rushed in holding herbs and a spell book page. The twins felt a flicker of hope as she started the spell.

Caroline waited anxiously in the doorway as she watched Josie. She saw her hurt face and how scared she was to lose her. She didn't want her daughter to be upset.

Freya performed the spell, it was an old spell that allowed Hope's healing powers to increase. It wouldn't last for long, but it should stop the infection and save her life. Freya would've stayed with her if she knew how hurt she was.

After the spell, Freya felt for Hope's pulse. She stroked her nieces hair as she did.

Her pulse started out weak, but eventually grew stronger. She'd saved her. She was okay.

"She's okay, her healing is stopping the infection now. I assume her power stopped as her body was trying to fight her scars from the shocks she was given, and didn't have time for other areas on her body," Freya explained to them, but mainly to Josie who was holding back tears of relief.

Lizzie and Caroline left the room to give Hope some space. After this experience, Lizzie realised did care for Hope alot. Perhaps she needed to refrain on her bullying. At least a little bit.

Freya walked around to the side of the bed Josie was on and wrapped her arms around her. Josie cried into Freyas chest as the Mikaelson rubbed her back and held her closely.
"You care about my niece alot I can tell," Freya said.

Josie looked up while the two were still hugging and nodded.
"You're good for her you know. I know that. You'll be a great addition to our family one day," Freya said smiling.

Josie laughed through tears as Freya gave her a last squeeze. Hope groaned softly as she started to wake. Freya left the room after giving Josie a smile. She wanted to give the girls some time alone.

"Are you okay. I'm sorry I couldn't hold on for longer," Hope said as she weakly sat up.

Josie couldn't help but laugh. Hope was asking if she was okay. Hope felt relief at seeing her girlfriend smile as she copied her expression.

"I love you," Josie spoke through laughter. She didn't realise what she'd said, but the words felt right.

Hope stared in awe at the girl infront of her. She tried not to let herself cry from happiness. Hope kissed Josie much more passionately than they'd ever kissed before.

"I love you too," Hope said before hugging Josie tightly.

Okay apologies for the extremely short chapter but I wanted to update with this before I start another chapter. I won't be updating this story until probably next week as I'm focusing on my other story updates.
Each week I'll try to update at least twice for each story.

Ily guys and I hope u have a good day. <3