Chapter Nineteen

Caroline and Freyas face were struck with anger at what the man did to Hope. They had questions ...and he would be forced to answer them.

"WHY DID YOU DO THIS?!"Caroline shouted as her hand wrapped around the man's throat.

He knew the Mikaelson family, and he knew he wouldn't be able to evade them.. so he answered calmly.

"I work for a team of scientists. We study supernatural life to see if it can help people that's all," he said.

"THATS ALL!? I SAW HER FACE SHE WAS TERIFFIED, BRUISED, HURT. TORTURING 16 YEAR OLD GIRLS IS NOT SCIENCE!"Caroline stated aggressively as Freya gazed around the room.

Freya saw the volt machine, the werewolf venom, litres of her blood, scalpels. Her heart ached for her niece as she opened the journal. It spoke of Hope begging to stop, her passing out, screaming and Freya felt this overwhelming rage within her.

As a first born Mikaelson, Freya had to learn to control her temper when it came to how she felt. Otherwise caos could ensue. Her control grew less with each word she read.

"With her body and her abilities, we could end so much death in the world. How is that not right? Hurting one life to save millions seems right to me," he argued.

Caroline smacked him across the face as the veins under here eyes appeared.

"How many more of you are there?" Freya asked looking up from his journal.

"Hundreds. We all work in different places around the world. Look, no matter if you kill me, they aren't going to stop coming for her. Not when she's this important," he urged.

Freya made the man pass out and set the room on fire, burning any traces of Hope and all the things that had been collected.

Caroline and Freya quickly left before they were caught in the fire and grabbed Lizzie to head back to the car.

Lizzie was confused as to what had happened. All she saw was Hope's fragile body and her mom's face filled with hatred. She assumed it was bad and was saddened for Hope.

As Freya and Caroline returned back to the car Freya gave Caroline a hug.
"I will meet you back at the school tomorrow, she needs rest and there is much I have to sort out with what just went on," Freya spoke
Caroline nodded and opened the car to sit in the driver's seat.
"Josie," Freya said sympathetically as she turned to see the girls in the back of the car, "you take care of her for me okay?" as she squeezed Hope's unconscious hand.

"I will," Josie responded.

The drive felt like days. Usually Josie would feel travel sick, but her mind was preoccupied with Hope that she didn't.

Hope hadn't moved an inch and Josie continued to check her pulse to make sure she was okay. To make Hope this lifeless, Josie didnt know what could've happened. Her eyes teared up at the thought of it.

Josie held Hope tightly, she wasn't going to let anything else touch her. Ever.

As the car came to a halt, Josie moved to pick Hope up and take her inside. She groaned as Josie did and Josie looked down at her.

Hope's eyes remained closed but her stomach was tensed. To make sure Josie wasn't hurting her, she lifted her shirt. Josie saw the poorly stitched cut across Hope's stomach. It was incredibly deep and infected.

Hope's healing powers mustn't have been working very well and she was worried. Josie kissed Hope's forehead before carrying her more carefully inside. She gently lay Hope on her bed and put her teddy Freya brought next to her.