Chapter Seven

Josie was overwhelmed by her own emotions toward Hope and needed to figure out what she felt, alone.

She left Hope's room with her heart pounding still as she replayed Hope's touch in her head.

Josie knew it was unfair to continue a relationship with Penelope while she had these thoughts, so had to talk to her about them.

Josie didnt know where her and Penelope stood or whether they were even still in a relationship. Penelope was mad about Josie sleeping in Hope's room, but then she still saved Josie from the fire at the school.

Josie was confused. Perhaps Penelope had forgiven her. Secretly, Josie hoped she hadn't. Josie wanted to be with Hope, she didn't want to repair her broken relationship with Penelope.

Hope immediately stopped smiling when the girl glared at her, she kind of felt guilty.

She didn't want to ruin Josies relationship. She hadn't, had she?

Hope wished that she hadn't so that Josie could he happy. But, she couldn't deny that the possibility of a relationship with Josie made her feel hope for the future in a way she never had before.

Josie had always been the girl in the background for Hope. Not in a way that she didn't see her, but that Hope tried so hard not to see her that she was always there.

Hope had liked Josie on and off for years. She loved her compassion, her light, her energy, she loved everything about her.

However, Hope had always known that a relationship with her wasn't possible.

Hope knew Josie deserved better than her, and she thought that that 'betterness' came from Penelope, so she pushed her feelings aside.

With recent events in her life, Hope found it amusing that she was still thinking about crushes in school.

Her family had just died and this seemed to be her main priority, she laughed aloud. Hope felt like her aunt Rebekah.

'Is something funny?" Penelope asked rudely.

Hope had forgotten she was there and quickly came back to reality.

"No. I'm sorry," Hope said sincerely. Penelope walked closer into Hope's dorm and stood infront of her.

"Look Hope. I used to be like you. Loner kid who didn't want anyone. I respected you. I saw you before, smiling with her and putting your hands on her. Let's get one thing straight. I found Josie, she is mine. Not yours. Find. Someone. Else," Penelope demanded as she put her face rather close to Hope's.

Penelope had walked off before Hope got the chance to respond so Hope just sat on Josies bed feeling..empty.

Jo had looked throughout the school and found no sign of Penelope so was walking toward her dorm to try and find her.

"Hey Jojo," a voice came from behind just as Josie was about to walk into Penelope's room. Penelope wanted to do everything in her power to keep Josie with her and Josie wanted the opposite.

"Hey Pen can we ta-," Josie said gently before she was cut off.

"So I was thinking, we could have a redo date night. I could get tickets to a concert, or we could watch a movie, whatever you want," Penelope said before kissing her rather abrubtly. Josie wanted Penelope off her so pushed her away with her hands.

"Penelope I need to tell you something," Josie said more sternly, letting Penelope know she didn't want to kiss her right now.

Penelope ignored her and continued to put her lips on Josies.
"We can talk later," Penelope said breathlessly as she grabbed Josie's waist to bring her closer.

Josie tried to speak between her forceful kissed and kept asking her to stop, but Penelope wouldn't listen.

As much as Josie didnt want to, she siphoned Penelopes magic causing her legs to buckle beneath her.

"What the hell Jo!? I was just being nice," Penelope said while knelt on the floor.

"Penelope stop!" Josie said loudly as she took a step back from her, "You clearly know what I'm going to say to you and you don't want to hear it.

You not listening to me just shows we were never in a good relationship to begin with," Josie stated.

Josie didnt want to tell Penelope this aggressively, but she had to if she was going to listen.

"You're in love with Hope aren't you? I knew it," Penelope accused as she rolled her eyes.

"No I'm not in love with her Pen, she just made me realise that I was never in love with you," Josie answered.

Josies words stung Penelope and Josie knew they did, but she didn't care. Penelope wasn't going to leave her unless she was blunt about it.

"You know what Jo, SCREW YOU! Screw this entire school I'm done with it," Penelope said as she slammed the door into her room, leaving Josie in the corridor.

Josie wanted to feel guilt for hurting her but all she felt was ... relief.

It was as if dating Penelope had ensured her life only had one path, now her world was full of endless possibilities.

One of them being Hope.

Josie found herself worrying about Hope, last time she left her alone she had almost died and she was scared.

Her walking pace increased when returning back to her dorm. When she reached the doorway she saw Hope asleep on her bed.

Josie found that this didn't comfort her. Hope was safe yes, but her sleeping for this amount of time couldn't be good for her.

Josie lay on her bed next to Hope facing her.

Hope looked incredibly beautiful to Josie whenever she slept- she looked incredibly beautiful always.

Josie smiled and noticed how Hope's breathing wasn't relaxed eventhough she was asleep.

Josie found her self worrying about her and moved her hair behind her ear in an attempt to comfort her.

Hope woke up quiety and stared back at Josie before sitting up in her bed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep," Hope said. Josie laughed and said
"It's okay,"

Josie figured Hope was probably exhausted from everything these past few months. She wanted Hope to tell her what happened, not for her own curiosity, but she knew that Hope needed to talk to someone.

"Where did you go?" Hope asked. Josie didnt really know what to tell her but figured she'd just tell the truth- partially.

"I went to talk to Penelope. We broke up," Josie said.

"Oh my God are you okay Jo. I'm sorry sorry," Hope responded, immediately concerned for Josie.

Josie laughed and said "for some reason I actually feel good about it,"
Hope didn't quite understand but if Josie was happy, so was she.

The room had been quiet for awhile and Josie had been working up to courage to ask Hope to tell her what had happened when she went to see her family.

She knew Hope wasn't okay and felt she was on the verge of a breakdown any minute. She'd learnt to recognize the signs with Lizzie.

"Hope?" Josie said, Hope turned to her innocently and awaited her question.

Josie moved positions on the bed so she was sat infront of her and held one of Hope's hands for support, "I know you're not okay, but I also know if I say 'you can talk to me if you want' you won't, even if you do want to. So I am requesting that you talk to me," Josie says sympathetically with a slight smile.

Hope became increasingly nervous, she didn't know how to start, she didn't know what parts to tell. She was scared. Josie noticed and squeezed her hand.

"Look I know it's hard but just start from the beginning. I'll listen," Josie comforted.

Hi I forgot to post this yesterday but yeah here u go xxx