Chapter Sixteen

A sharp pain in her side was the last thing Hope remembered from waiting at the truck. Her body was weak, barely holding her eyes open after she woke.

She was lay down on some sort of gurney. It was freezing cold. Her hands were shackled in heavy metal chains suppressing her magic, as her body contained an IV filled with some sort of liquid that made her drowsy. She assumed it was probably wolfsbane.

She was sat in what looked like an abandoned garage- completely bare. No person could be seen.

Hope felt as if her body was being pulled down she was that tired, and the chains left red marks up and down her wrists that hurt from even slight movements. She didn't understand what was going on.

"Who's doing this?" She questioned, her voice a tired whisper, using all her energy to speak. 

After what felt like hours a man appeared with a recording device.
"Patient number 45901 is awake and alert with minimal drowsiness after 4 litres of wolfsbane," he speaks.

Hope tried to sit up but fell instantly back onto where she was lay from exhaustion.
"Who are you?" Hope asked, her voice with hints of pain and anger amidst it.

The man shone light into her eyes before responding.
"My name is Jason Renolds, I'm a scientist who specializes in the supernatural species. My work uses research from an old organization called Augustine, however our team is more focused on higher ranked beings such as yourself," he says casually as he cuts a line across Hope's arm.

Hope squinted from the pain scared before opening her eyes to find him writing in his notebook.
"Why.. how do you know I'm highly ranked," Hope asks while panting from the ache on her arm.

"Oh we've always known about you Hope Mikaleson. Although you have been keeping yourself rather hidden. We overheard from a human source that you were spotted in the woods behind the Salvatore school. The human spoke of a 16 year old, red haired girl who allowed herself to be seduced by him. We assumed it was you and figured you were a student there," he answered while preparing something at a table Hope couldn't see.

Hope felt a tear from her eye fall as she remembered who the human would've been. She was scared.

"So what do you want from me," she asked trying to maintain some sort of dignity, but the crack in her voice wasn't allowing that.

"I want everything from you. You are the prized gift Hope Mikaelson. Your body and research will allow for so much more understanding of the supernatural world and even help treat human afflictions. You should be grateful," he said as he brought over some sort of machine.

"Whats that," Hope asked as she tried to back away but knew it was useless.
"It takes your venom. It's quite painful," he said apathetically while placing the equipment in Hope's mouth.

The machine was turned on and Hope screamed in pain. It felt like needles poking at her nerves as they were ripped to shreds violently. Her body and arms shook trying to reach her mouth and take it off her. Her screams didn't help. They only worsened the pain she felt.

Hope was crying, scared as she lay still waiting for it to end.
"Please don't do this," she cried. The man showed no remorse and only continued with his notes.

"Patient 45901 discontinues screaming at 3 minute mark. Asks for it to stop at 4. She's lasted 2 minutes longer than the average," he speaks into his recorder.

Hope closed her eyes tightly. Hoping it was all a dream. She wanted Josie. She wanted her mom.

She'd cried so much, there weren't any tears left.
'Please someone help me' she thought. But she knew her hope would be useless.

                ***

Okay extremely short chapter but wanted to get this part out. I hope you like the augustine concept as a storyline in it but yeah. Ily and I hope you have the best day <33