Chapter 3

Evalyn entered Nyx's tent, finding her Mate and her child sleeping on his bed. Carefully she sat down at the side, stroking Nyxs, now far too long hair, out of his face. His eyes moved a little but he kept them close. Evalyn moved down and placed a kiss on her daughter's head.

Stay. Nyx's voice came into her mind. His tattooed hand found her arm.

Want me by your side? She teased back and walked off to change her clothes from the day to something more suitable to sleep in.

Always... She looked back and noticed how he had his eyes open, following her every move. He had started to do so after their time in the Dawn Court, always following her every move. Looking like he never could get enough of her.

Like the view? She crawled down at his side, careful to not wake up Hope.

I like you. He placed a kiss on her head.

You talked to Luna?

Tomorrow. Evalyn was tired, in the week after she made the second opening, her body had barely started to get back its strength, she was tired almost all the time, and still... It buzzed under her skin, calling for her to attack the Darkness once more.

Sleep well my love. She dozed off to sleep. Her dreams were quiet and still, her mind rested and her body too. With Nyx close she could do that. With him nere she could rest.

"Ma? Ma?" The voice called to her behind the darkness.

"Yes..." Evalyn struggled to wake up.

"Ma!" Hope sounded more and more irritated and Evalyn opened her eyes, Hope sat over her stomach, a frown on her face and from what Evalyn could understand, her little girl had been awake for a while.

"Morning love." Nyx whispered in her ear and took Hope from Evalyn. "Good dreams?"

"No dreams." Evalyn said back and sat up. Nyx stood there at the foot of the bed, an impatient Hope in his arms. "Get her some breakfast, I am right behind you."

"We already had breakfast, lunch is more like it for us." Nyx said and Evalyn dropped her jaw.

"How long did I sleep?"

"Long..." Nyx gave her a smile, but Evalyn didn't care.

"I can't be slaking like this." She got up and started to get dressed. "I have patients..."

"Regina and Shung are taking care of them." He placed down Hope, who ran off in the tent. "You need to rest, and, so do I..." He took her hands in his.

"Pretend that I am growling right now." She said and layed back on the bed.

"What?"

"Just pretend." She dragged him with her. "Pretend that we are back home, all of this is over, everyone is home safe, no one is hurt. What do we do then?"

"First, if you want to, move to the Town house. You, me and Hope." He said and wrapped his arms around her. "Then, maybe you deserve some real courtship before we take this any further."

"Luna and Kira gave me a hard time about it yesterday." She snuggled closer to him. "Do you want a big fancy ceremony later? Or something small?" They should talk about it, it was expected at some point.

"I never really gave it any thought. It was so far away in the future in my mind." Nyx held on to her. "But some type of celebration, not just you and me. Not something big and extreme like Nesta or Cassian. Maybe more like Gwyn and Azriel."

"What did they do?"

"The ceremony part they did alone, then the party afterwards lasted the entire night and almost into the next day." He laughed a bit. "I can skip the two day long party part."