Chapter 9

The meeting dragged on, and nothing was said. Axios fought to stay awake as sleep creeped up on him, but the drag... He closed his eyes, planning to just rest them for a moment...

"Axios." His father's voice made him open them.

"Yes."

"Done napping." Axios looked around, seeing the room empty and the meeting over.

"Yes..." Fuck... He moved his hands over his face. "Had a bad night..."

"You deserve it." His father got up.

"I know..." Axios did the same. "What was decided?"

"We will attack at the end of summer, the goal is to destroy and kill the Lightbringer." A lump formed in Axios stomach. "You and three of your brothers will stay behind here and keep it going."

"Then I know."

"Tell me, did you suspect that the brother and the Lightbringer were mates before we heard about it?" His father walked around the room.

"No..." I only had eyes on Luna. "I only saw her once, maybe twice..." He hadn't really cared for her.

"The information is right now that they are close, but not fully mated." His father stopped walking around. "Why?"

"I don't know." His father walked closer.

"Is there something you do know?" He asked.

"No..." or... "Luna did say that something was happening with the Lightbringer. Or had happened. I never fully understood, and she never explained."

"We need to know..." His father started to walk around again.

"The High Lord and Lady knows." Axios said, not really thinking as he spoke. "We can ask them..." The room turned dark, and once Axios opened her eyes again he laid on the ground, beaten, bleading. His father stood above him, blood dripping from his knuckles.

"Talk to them." He left, leaving Axios to take care of his injuries by himself.

Walking up to the room where the two were housed was a struggle, the stairs hurt to climb, and his beaten body protested every movement. But he needed to do this, to get back in his fathers good grace. If that even was possible right now. He removed the hold over the High Lady, giving her back her hearing and eyesight. Placing a tray of food in front of her. The blue grey eyes held only hate as she looked back at him.

"Eat." He demanded, only to get spit on by her. "I need to ask you something, and in return you will get food, and see your mate." Axios sat down with some difficulties.

"Go to hell."

"I have been there, I am not going back." Axios sighed. "Eat, I just need to talk."

"Is it poisoned?" She asked, looking at the food.

"No." He lied, but Feyre started to eat, taking him at his word. "Who is Luna's healer friend?"

"Why are you asking?"

"Just tell me."

"Evalyn, she is a powerful healer, if not the most powerful one alive in theory." Feyre crossed her legs. "Her mother is a acuentence to the family."

"That's it?" Axios searched her face for more.

"Yes." A lie.

"Luna left me on that last night, she told me that something happened to her friend." He tried. Feyre blinked, but showed nothing else. "Do you know what friend? And Why?"