Chapter 23

Just as they planned, Azriel got in first, shortly followed by Nyx. The balcony and room it was connected to, were empty, and no wards blocked them out. Nyx followed the Shadowsinger as they secured the room.

No one here? Luna asked, walking up behind him.

Looks like it... Nyx looked around. It feels wrong.

Yes... Luna stayed behind as Nyx walked into the room, his sword in hand, ready to strike. Gina walked after him. Nyx! He turned to find Luna standing frozen.

What? He asked, trying to find what she was reacting to.

Axios knows that we are here. That Me and Azriel are here. She let him hear the conversation. They are on the lower floors, but... Just as she said it, footsteps were heard. And Nyx lifted his blade. Striking down before he even reacted on who it was. He separated the body and head of one of Escars sons. But for how shilling the act was. Luna's words that accompanied them were worse.

You forget one thing. I am not the one to take advantege and rapes a female beacuse I whant to. And I will come out of this with my brother by my side. She paused, and then. As I said, this will end now. Nyx turned to her, giving her one nod of confirmation before walking further into the room.

No more guards, not that it was needed. The black mass that concealed their parents was all that was needed as protection.

"I am not touching that." Gina said, taking a step back. "We need Evalyn..."

"No..." Nyx tried to find his fathers mind in there, but to no awale. Luna also shook her head.

"They need to be awake..." She looked around in the room. "One of the Darkbringers needs to lift it, or..."

"They all need to die." Azirel finished her sentence for her. "Luna, stay here, I know you can defend them if needed. Nyx, Gina, spread out, we will need to find them all. No mercy. The time for that died the day they hurt Gwyn." A cold wrath filled his tone and body. Nyx didn't protest, and just did as Azriel said.

Hewn City and its Court of Nightmares was not as Nyx remembered it. The full, loud place not stod quiet. No decorations, no hints of life. His footsteps were barely heard as he walked down the hallways, all sounds were swallowed by the Darkness around him, giving the city a creepy feeling, like it was dead. No decorations helped him find his ways in the hallways, leaving him to guess where he was and where he needed to go.

Down. He told himself as he made the choice to walk down a flight of stairs. They think we are coming from below. He then saw the first threat. A guard who had been loyal to Keir. Before Nyx had the chance to do anything, the guard dropped his sword and fell to his knees.

"I am sorry, heir. Please spare my life." He said. Shaking. "Had I known..." Nyx found his mind and put him to sleep. Any traitors could be dealt with later on.

He continued his walk, finding more guards who did the same. Some ranted about the terrible rule of the Darkbringers. Not that Nyx cared as he put them to sleep, he moved on. Still ready to strike, ready to take down the ones who had hurt his court and home.

And then he found one.

Not Axios, not Escar. But one of the other sons. Nyx lifted his sword, his left hand burned with the embers from his mother. But his right hand burned too... The winged lizard grew and Nyx swallowed before looking back at the Darkbringer. He had no intention of letting his opponent go quickly, especially now. This was the male who had killed Noel. This was the one who had taken his friend's wings... Then the fight started, and Nyx realised something else. His opondant was no Illyrian, no warrior at all. The duel was no challenge.