Chapter twenty two

Valentine's eyes widened upon hearing that sentence

No, I shouldn't interfere, Valentine mulled over.

It wasn't going to be worth it in the end.

Tyler might actually kill them for even fantasying about it.

Valentine thought he was their karma, and in a sense, he was. He was their angel of misfortune who seemed to take pleasure in making everyone's life a little more difficult. Although they might think that he had done the worst, he was only getting started; he had a knack for finding new ways to torment them and cause as much misery as possible.

Honestly, Valentine thought her life couldn't be more miserable until Jackie also announced her pregnancy. Not because of the pregnancy spotlight.

No, it was way worse.

Jackie actually thought their children were gonna be best friends. She was even thinking of matching names.
Matching.
Names.
It was like the woman had completely forgot she had been a bad, manipulative friend to Valentine.

"Get out," Valentine spoke through clenched teeth.  "When your head hangs on top of these gates, don't expect me to light a candle for your death of your unborn child and you." Valentine made her exit out of her room.

Just being together in one room with her former friend made her want to put her hands around Jackie's neck violently and choke her until she stopped breathing.
It was like every room she entered, she fueled the fire and hate Valentine felt for her. They weren't on the same boat. Valentine was dragged and forced to be with Tyler. Meanwhile, Jackie probably skipped on her way to his place.

Valentine walked past the kitchen where the three bodyguards resided in. She nervously threw her hair over her shoulder.

"How are my three favorite people doing?" Valentine asked with a smile as if she hadn't practiced it for atleast a week. 

Ashley glared at Valentine, immediately walking away from her.

Hunter grunted, also standing up and walking away.

Valentine couldn't help but pout as the men clearly avoided her.
And she knew the reason why. Because even though, Valentine had lied to Tyler, the guards somehow knew Valentine escaped.
But,she came back. Because she didn't want other people hurt because of her.

Ralf offered a sympathetic smile, also standing up. He walked towards Valentine, squeezing her shoulder gently before he too, walked to a different direction. 

Feeling a bit aimless and bored in the house, Valentine decided to pass the time by baking some delicious strawberry-filled cookies. The warm aroma of freshly baked cookies filled the kitchen, creating a cozy and inviting atmosphere.

The enticing aroma of freshly baked cookies quickly spread throughout the house, capturing the attention of the other occupants.
Occasionally, a few curious heads popped in to take in the delightful scent and peek at the baked goods being prepared in the kitchen.