Chapter twenty five

Valentine stood in front of Tyler

Valentine stood in front of Tyler. The man did looked handsomely as he stood, there was no lie in it. He wore a Gregory Handmade Barathea Shawl Tuxedo. His dark hair was slicked back.
Those dark brown eyes of him looked impatiently.
He tightly held the hands of Valentine who flinched. The man squeezed in her hands without a warning.

Valentine wore a long gown that fitted snug to her body until the bottom of the legs, where it flared  out like a fish tail.
Because the dress was so snug, you could see her thick stomach sticking out. 
The wedding dress was made from white lace on some parts.
The pregnant bride felt her feet getting more swollen by the minute. She had been forced to wear pale high heels; and she couldn't wait for the wedding to be over. So, she could kick them off.

"Hurry up, Father," Tyler mockingly hissed at the priest under his breath.

"Uhh..Well.. Uhm.. repeat after me." The priest turned to Valentine who nodded. She had a feeling they were both here against their will.
She just wanted it to be over and go back and rot in her room.

The wedding did look nice, though.
The wedding was held inside an old chapel.
The old but beautiful chapel had a sense of history and culture layered into its structure. Aged wood floors were inlaid with gold and white tiles, a stark contrast to the dark wood pews that lined the walls. Beautiful stained glass windows were set along the walls and ceiling, the soft light they illuminated the chapel with a serene and peaceful atmosphere. The altar at the far end of the chapel was richly ornate, and the walls were covered in intricate designs created by a long-gone craftsman. The chapel was filled with history and culture, bearing silent witness to the many celebrations and sorrows that had taken place within its walls.

There were a lot of guests, too.
But, Valentine didn't know anybody there except for her bodyguards. She let her eyes wander through the crowd.
Her eyes furrowed as she only could see Ashley who stood behind the guests who nodded at her. His face stood firm. He didn't even show a small smile.

Flashbacks of the previous night filled Valentine's thoughts, bringing a wave of guilt and embarrassment to hit her like a truck. Valentine then sighed in frustration, wishing that she had just listened to Tyler that night. Maybe if she had done so, all this could've been avoided, she mused.

"I, Valentine, take you, Tyler to be my  lawfully wedded husband."

Valentine repeated after the priest, looking into Tyler's endless brown orbs.

"In the presence of our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner. To love and to obey-."

"Obey?" Valentine abruptly interrupted the priest.

"Obey who?" The soft sounds of murmurs went around the chapel.
She had seen movies with romantic weddings. None of them had the word obey in it. But, it was Tyler, so she should've seen it coming.