Fresh

Natalia woke up the next morning to the sun shining a single ray through a small opening between her window shades. She slowly got out from under her covers and sat up, hair all in disarray covering her face. She flipped her hair back, slowly uncovering the rest of her body from under the covers and placing her cold feet on her carpet floor. She decided to get washed up, ever since she decided to make major life changing decisions she hasn't been feeling up to activity, but she figured after a day of rest after talking to her sister she had to take some sort of action and that meant taking a shower. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Heyy how's the newly reformed woman doing?" asked Mia seeing her sister Natalia walk in the kitchen in a bath robe and hair wrapped in a towel. "Let's just say she's been better," replied Natalia in the third person. "That's the spirit. No but seriously, how about you continue working on your novel ?" said Mia in a cheery tone. "My inspiration has left me," said Natalia serving herslef a hot brew.

 "Don't tell me that hat rack was your inspiration," 

Natalia set the pot of coffee down after having poured herself some 

"Not really it's just, I feel that I've taken 5 steps back you know?" 

"No, I don't. Why would this be 5 steps back? Because it's not a big city?" 

Natalia had realized how she sounded 

"No its not that, I just, I feel like everything I did was for nothing, I hurt all of these poeple I loved just because I felt I was doing the best for my life and for my dreams, only to end up in the same exact same place"

Mia only looked at her for a second as Natalia looked down at her coffee mug 

"And it turns out it was exactly where you had to be this whole time."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ana awoke in her big penthouse, partly relieved that she was away from that stupid small town but, full of feelings. She made her trip to the bathroom where she rinsed her face off and looked directly into the mirror. "You do not want to make an enemy out of me Natalia Schmidt." She stared at the rest of her bathroom space where she saw some of Natalias things, she grabbed one of Natalia's scrubs in her hand and brought it up to her line of sight. "You, and your stupid town." She took the scrub and put her fingers in the tub taking out all of its contents throwing them bits by bits agaisnt the wall of her shower "you, are, so going to regret this schmidt!" Ana only breathed heavily and thought how to get back at her coniving ex girlfriend. She then realized her achilles heel, oh yes, Mila Hartman. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Babygirl I'm going over to Betsy's wanna come?"  Said Mia putting on her signature leather jacket. 

"Um, you know what, sure, let me just grab my jacket. You know what it is really liberating not having to think about wether my jacket is going to match my outfit." 

"I cannot believe thats how you were living and seemed to be okay with." 

"I wasn't really thinking about it sadly I guess I was just blinded."

"Yeah but by what? Were you actually in love?" asked Mia

"I don't know what I was, but I'm guessing I'll figure it out now that I'm alone"