The Final Intersection

The past few weeks had been a blur for Mila, she had established her old routine, work, bar, art. In this routine she had found comfort, a sense of stability she had long been craving. She found it calming, familiar. 

At first the thought of doing this on a daily basis was not calming, she walked around almost clinch-jawed because she was afraid to run into Natalia, as she had a few times during the first couple of days being back. But somehow, with this new routine, she had managed to avoid her almost entirely. There was only one day she caught a glimpse of her as she was walking into Shorty's she was just leaving, it seems like she might have even been coming off a shift, and if that was the case, Mila was only glad their hours never crossed. 

She still remembers what Natalia was wearing, a plain white v neck (as were Natalia's favorites), regular fitting ripped jeans that cut right above the ankle, and white high top classic chuck taylors. To top it all off she had a high messy bun that looked ever so perfect, with uneven hair strands. Mila knew of her feelings, Natalia took her breath away every single time she saw her, but that was also what was dangerous about this entire situation, she couldn't do it, she just couldn't. 

In the weeks since, she had not seen her best friend as often as she usually would. She hated to admit it, but things were different. Mila of course knew that being Mia's best friend was second to being her sister, which meant with everything goin on there was going to be a clear wedge between them, and as much as she hated it, there was nothing she could do.

She was currently downing a beer and some nachos at the bar when she saw Mia putting her apron on, the vibe between them wasn't as comfortable as it used to be, it wasn't gone, but uncomfortable enough for Mila to ponder whether or not to start a conversation with her. 

"What's up hot-head, had any time to cool down lately?" she said as she finished tying her apron, even as bar manager she rolled up her sleeve and helped out. 

"That's not fair" said Mila not truly feeling any kind of way, casually taking a bite of a nacho.

That was when Mia leaned over the counter getting into her best friends personal space bubble, stunning her best friend as she finished swallowing the bite of nacho. 

"Your stubbornness isn't fair," she said leaning back on to the counter, getting ready to clean the beer taps. 

Mila did not respond, only ignored her comment as much as she could, grabbed another nacho with the intent of putting it in her mouth but instead  just held it in her hand. Out of all the conversations she had, that one comment lingered in the back of her mind, maybe she was being extra stubborn, maybe she should just get things over with, clear the air, and move on. 

But that's what the problem was, to her, the air was already clear, it didn't need anything else. What else was there to say ? All that was left for her to do was continue her life exactly as it was.

That was, until she saw her walk into the bar. 

The sun shone as the door to the bar opened, and Mila saw her come in, waves of hair falling in the perfect cascade once again, accompanied by a soft gaze in those beautiful eyes, attached to a perfect body. 

I guess that's the only thing in the air that still isn't clear. 

Natalia walked into the bar to see Mila sitting, with a plate of nachos in front of her, and walking in she suddenly felt very self conscious. 

"You're telling me that everything is clear ? End your stubbornness please," said Mia getting in a quick word before Natalia approached her. 

Natalia ignored Mile sitting there and sat further away at the bar, her sister approaching. "What can I do for you babygirl ?"