The calm

Mila had felt the sweat from the intensity of the previous conversation calling to her, "I'm going to go wash up, bathroom around here ?" she asked getting up 

"Yeah down the hall to the left," said Natalia getting up from her seat as well, looking in Mia's direction who was just now setting down the groceries on the kitchen counter. 

"Is everything okay between you two?" asked Mia who intentionally had provided the ice breaking comment earlier. 

Natalia stood there in silence for a moment, slowly picking out the items from the grocery bags. 

"I actually think for the first time in a long time, we are okay." she thought of the joy she had felt many times throughout the conversation and smiled to herself. 

"Yeah?" 

She simply nodded in agreement. 

"That's really great kid. And now back to business, obviously we can't stay here forever, we need a plan."

"Shouldn't we wait until Mila gets out of the shower? She should be a part of this." 

"I suppose yes, you're right." 

The sisters finished placing the groceries in the appropriate places in comfortable silence while they waited for Mila to finish taking a shower. 

"Hey! Can I get a towel please ?" shouted Mila from the shower, how could she have forgotten the most essential part of a shower. 

They both looked at each other, to which Mia wittily replied,  "you wanna get that ?" 

Natalia nervously rolled her eyes at her sister and hesitantly went to give Hartman her towel. "You're not clever," said Natalia

"Yes I am, go get your hottie a towel." 

Natalia only nervously laughed and went to grab a towel from a nearby closet. 

Her glands suddenly felt extremely sweaty and she was finding it hard to keep walking with confidence as she approached the bathroom door. 

She knocked on the door with delicacy not knowing if she was ready for her to emerge all...steamy. 

 She knocked again, a little louder this time, M-Mila, I have your-"

She saw the door open slightly and instantly fell silent. Mila peeked her head out, only slightly for her wet hair to be seen in front of her face and the top part of her shoulders. Her strong arm was extended and took the towel in Natalia's hand. "Thanks," 

"N-No problem." 

A smile was given from Mila to Natalia as a sign of thank you and I'm closing the door now. 

"Do you need a cold one?" appeared Mia next to her out of nowhere. 

"What?" 

"Relax, I meant a beer." 

"Right," said Natalia clearly not reading the situation right due to the uh, one she was just in. 

"How about it then?" asked her sister Mia holding an ice cold beer next to her sister. 

Natalia looked at her "I probaly shouldn't. 

"Right, wouldn't want to feel worse than you do right now." Her sister said mocking the younger one. 

"Come on lets wait for her here, we still have the plan to think about." said Mia leading her sister out back into the living room. 

"Hey," said Natalia fidgeting a bit with her fingers,