Chapter 12

I climbed inside my window, dialing Peter again. How could I forget about him? Was he ok? Did he get hurt? Why hasn't he called to check on me either?

I frantically paced around my room as I listened to what seemed like a never-ending ringing before I once again got his voicemail. I frustratingly pulled the phone away from my ear as I hung  up. My heart was beating faster every second he didn't return my calls. Where could he be? I should start calling around to hospitals to see if he ended up at any of those. Or maybe I should call May and see if he made it home?

As I was weighing my options, my phone vibrated and lit up as I let out a sigh of relief as I answered, "Oh my gosh, I'm so glad you're ok." Peter also sounded relieved as he said, "I'm glad you're ok too. I'm sorry I didn't call you sooner I got tied up at my internship since I had to call them to send someone to Central park. They needed me there to coordinate their attack against the Green Goblin. I just got done."

Well that makes more sense why he didn't call me sooner. At least he was a better friend than me and didn't forget about me, unlike me forgetting about him. "So, uh, what happened to you?" he continued.

I widened my eyes; he was going to freak out when I tell him. With a sly smirk I said, "Well, I kind of got caught up in the action and ended up meeting Spiderman." Peter went silent for a second before roughly coughing and responded, "Oh no way. Was this your first time meeting him?"

I thought about my answer for a second. Technically no, today wasn't the first time I met him, but I didn't want to necessarily exploit how I was almost robbed a couple months back. But I thought about what Spiderman said about opening up more, and I guess I could slowly start with Peter since he was my best friend.

"Well, um, no. This isn't the first time he saved me...." I led off, nervous by his reaction. I could hear him take a deep breath as he said, "y/n, what do you mean not the first time he SAVED you?" I gulped and took a deep breath before describing the night I was attacked and how I was lucky Spiderman had been there to save the day. I tried downplaying the danger of it to not worry Peter too much, but he didn't seem to care.

"y/n! I knew should have walked you home that night. You can never be too careful in this city," he said with regret in his tone. I sighed, "Peter, don't blame yourself. It could have happened to anyone. I always walk that route and didn't think anything would happen. I promise I'll be more careful in the future."

"I just don't know what I would do if anything ever happened to you," he sighed. There was a flutter in my chest at his words and a small smile crept its way onto my face. "Same goes for you, Parker," I said playfully. We both chuckled until I suddenly yawned, the day's events starting to catch up with me. "Hey, I think I'm gonna go to bed, I'll see you this weekend?" I said, the tiredness starting to affect my eyes.

"Definitely, we have the whole break ahead of us. I'll talk to you tomorrow y/n. Goodnight," he said with a yawn. I smiled as I responded, "Goodnight, Peter."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The school buzzed with excitement as we returned from Thanksgiving break. Everyone was eager to see each other and tell one another about what they did over break. However, news of the Green Goblin attack trumped it all. It seemed that everyone had a theory on who this so-called villain could be and where he may strike next. Theories also included Spiderman and how his identity could be tied to the Goblin, considering no one knew his identity either.

I was sitting at lunch with Peter, MJ, and Ned. MJ and Ned stared at me with wide eyes and mouths agape as I told them the story of how me and Peter were there when the park was attacked, and how it turned out being ok since I got to spend some quality time with Queen's very own superhero. I left out the part of having my panic attack. I was surprised by how nonchalant Peter was being, he just looked down and pushed his food around his tray as I tried to include as much detail as possible to my story. Wasn't he as freaked out but amazed like I was?