Chapter 15

*Third Person POV*

The Green Goblin grumbled as he flew into his apartment on his hoverboard. Once safely inside, he dismounted it as it went into autopilot mode. It followed him as he walked towards the large balcony doors, slamming them shut. He stomped towards the floor to ceiling bookcase as he pulled the special book and stepped back. One of the sections of the bookcase slid to the side, revealing to be a door to a secret room. Goblin marched into the room as the hoverboard followed, the door sliding shut behind them.

He ripped off his helmet and slammed it on the worktable, jolting the tools that littered it. "Ugh, why can't I beat this guy!" he yelled, slamming his fists on the table. He turned and looked in the mirror. The Green Goblin no longer stared back at him.

Instead, it was the aging face of Norman Osborn, CEO and founder of Oscorp Industries.

He turned away from the mirror as he began removing the various pieces of his suit. He pressed a button on the remote that controlled his hoverboard, causing it to move towards its designated workstation. He'll have to make repairs to it since it was once again damaged fighting Spiderman.

He growled, angered at the thought of Spiderman. No matter what kind of situation he creates or weapons he uses against the spider, he just can't seem to beat him. He thought he had him with the blades he installed on the front of his board, but his suit seems to be made of a thick microfiber. All they did was scratch the damn hero.

He thought about the fight, wondering where he could have made errors to improve for the next time he goes after him. But he thought of nothing. His technology was one of the best in the industry following Stark, everything worked perfectly. So why could he not beat the spider?

He took his helmet and threw it against the wall, knocking over various weapons and inactive bombs that now rolled around the floor. He stomped towards the mirror and punched it, shattering the glass as it fell to the floor. He had to defeat Spiderman, but he had no way of doing it. It was technology against enhanced abilities, an unfair advantage leading to an unfair fight.

He had to find a weakness, but who knew if he had any? The world would have found out about them by now. How do you beat someone with no physical weakness? He stopped and said to himself, "Everyone has a weakness, Norman." He turned and looked at his broken reflection in the mirror, thinking about the fight over and over again.

He recalled the last thing Spiderman had said to him: "It'll take a lot more than just a few blows to keep me from putting you behind bars." He widened his eyes. That's it! Beating Spiderman wasn't going to be done physically, he had to do it emotionally. He had to hurt Spiderman so bad that he couldn't go on fighting. That is how he was going to crush the spider once and for all.

The question remained, how was he going to do it? The only way was to find out Spiderman's true identity. Once he discovered that, all he needs to do is find the one person that means the most to the retched hero.

Take them out, and it's game over. The Green Goblin will win.

--------------------------------------

Hi all! I know it's been a couple of weeks, but life has gotten pretty busy lately. My apologies! Hopefully I'm back with some more frequent updates!

Sorry for the short chapter! It's just a filler before the major stuff starts happening. Stay tuned:)

As always, thanks for reading! Let me know what you think!