Chapter 30

In the weeks following Norman's attack, things were getting back to normal. Well, a new normal, I guess. Norman was arrested and sentenced to live the remainder of his life at The Raft. The news still circled with rumors of a girl being on the roof before Norman was captured, but nothing was confirmed. Opinions differed from the girl being a hostage, or a secret partner in Norman's schemes.

Peter reached out to the Avengers on their thoughts on how the situation should be handled. They sent the Winter Soldier, Bucky I think his name is, and the Falcon to talk to Norman and make sure he keeps his mouth shut. While they didn't exactly mention how they did it, they ensured he would not reveal Peter's nor my identity as the woman on the roof to the public. They felt my part played that night should be kept secret because if people were to discover my identity, it could somehow be linked back to Peter and expose his identity. I was completely fine with it; I don't think I would do well under such publicity.

The Avengers were proud of Peter for such an accomplishment, and so was I. They said he would have made Tony proud too, and I knew that meant the world to him. They said they were more than happy to have Peter become a full time Avenger after he graduates in a year and a half, if he chooses to do so.

As for Peter and I, we were good, so good. I didn't think that boy could make me any happier, but every day he continues to surprise me. I apologized to Ned and MJ for how I acted, and they apologized to me. We were back to being the dynamic foursome I had come to love. The holiday break came and went and eventually we were back in school, pretending to act like nothing had happened, even with the entire school buzzing from the most recent Spiderman save.

I was finally feeling like I was getting back to myself. I was done letting the Blip ruin my life, for somehow in my doubts I was able to find better friends than I had before. I found people who cared about me for me, and not my popular status. Sure, there were still kids like Flash trying to use me for my status, but I didn't let it bother me. It didn't stop me from being nice to everyone; maybe everyone besides Flash.

I was finally getting my panic attacks under control, thanks to the help of Peter. I swear he's like my anchor in those situations; he helps me feel grounded when all my mind wants to conjure is thoughts of hopelessness. All I knew now, was that I was happy, and that I finally was beginning to get a grasp on my life.

The only thing I still questioned, the thought that still lingered in the back of my mind, was my unexplained "luckiness" that dreadful day. Was it luck, or was Norman onto something?

I mean, normal people can have that kind of luck....right?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading No Matter What!!

One of the chapters in this book came to me in a dream, and I guess from there I was able to create this!

I have ideas for a sequel, but I'm not sure how fast it will come out.

I know there aren't many of you readers, but I really do appreciate all of you! Thank you again for reading!!