The Elite - Prologue.

The Elite.

Prologue.

Seventeen years earlier.

     “Order! Order!” The noise in the small town courtroom dropped to a hushed whisper as the elderly man up front banged his cleaver on the stand. His frail body shook with the effort but he managed to obtane his angry face.

    “I know it’s a lot to ask but-“

    “A lot to ask?” A middle aged man stood up from his seat at the back, patted his wife on the knee before looking straight at the elderly man. He seemed to shake with an unshed anger that could not be contained.

    “Some of us don’t want kids!” He exclaimed, waving his hands frantically making others around him nod vigorously.

    “Mr Smith, please calm down.” The man up front sighed sadly and Mr Smith did as he said, sitting down and gripping onto his wife’s hand.

    “I know this is going against nature, but it is something we as a town are in need of. It’s urgent.” The crowd leaned in, intent on what he was saying.

    “We all know the dangers that are coming in seventeen or eighteen years and we need to be prepared. If being prepared means we need to…mate at the certain time, then so be it.”

    “Now, the next generation of this town will need to be strong and witty, clever and natural to the arts to be able to defeat the evil that has been buried deep here for centuries. I suggest that after conception, you take one of these morning and night.” He held in the air a small packet of pills before slapping them back on the stand.

    “Then, once your child has gone through puberty they will take one of these-“ He held up another packet of pills. “A day.”

     The room was utterly still for a whole minute before a woman up front stood up. She didn’t have a partner to support her but she didn’t need one. Anyone could tell by the look on her face that she didn’t need anyone else but herself.

    “Father, if you don’t mind me asking; how do you know about the dangers lurking in our town?” Some people gasped at the fact that the leaders daughter was standing up to her father but others weren’t so surprised.

    “Because, Laura, when I was a child my grandmother – your great grandmother – foresaw the tragic event that is to happen in the life time of the next generation.”

    Laura lowered her eyes and rubbed her hand unconsciously across the tiny bump forming in her stomach. No one knew then, but Laura Peterson had not only one child cooking, but two. One of which would die in child birth and the other live to fight for the next generation.

    The remaining child’s name was Cassandra Peterson – a girl that would lead the small town of Lullin into victory against evil. 

I dediacated this chapter to ella_enchanted because her book was one of the very first I read on Wattpad. I guess she sort of inspired me to be brave enough to post my own. So, thank you Ella_Enchanted!!!

 Anyways, this is just my prologue. Don't be put of with the lack of stuff happening because I assure you that the story really begins in Chapter 1.

I've been writing this as a little time passer while writing and sending Fighting For Your Attention ( my new book <coming soon. Maybe) to my editor. She's awesome! anyways, I'd love to hear what you think of the start. Vote and comment! <3