Chapter 40

After a month. A day before wedding day of both the couples. Both the couples were busy in shopping and other things. They decided for court marriage.

It was afternoon time. Abeer was checking preparations in his room. Adya silently tiptoed and applied haldi on his face. "Happy haldi bhai" shouted Adya in Abeer's ears. Making him shock. "Ye kya mazak hain?" asked Abeer in shock. "Arey! Kal aapki shaadi hain to aaj haldi hui na? Vaise to bahut guest, puri family sab hote hain. Par humara koi hain nahin. So maine socha main hi laga doon" said Adya with pout. "Happy haldi bache" wished Abeer while applying haldi on Adya's cheeks. He kiss on her forehead. "Tu khush to hain?" asked Abeer with concerned. "Haan ji bhai. Aap meri tension bilkul na lo. I am happy. Shayad this is what is written in the book of my life" said Adya blinking her eyes, controlling her tears but tears roll down her cheeks. "I will miss you alot bhai" confessed what she had in her heart. "I will miss you too Adu" mumble Abeer controlling his tears. "Chalo no rona dona. Happy days hain life ke rone me time waste nahin karte. I have so many works to do aapke tarah velli thori hoon" said to cheer the atmosphere. She left room and went to do her work.

Abeer shook his head on her childishness. "Haldi mujhe to lag gayi par meri dulhan ko to lagani padegi na. Uske khadus bhai se to I don't have hopes" thought Abeer. Cleaning his face. He walked out of room and took haldi in a pack. "Adya main kaam se jaa raha hoon. Thori der me aaya" shouted Sameer and left for Sehan mansion. As he reached there. He saw so many guards there. "Let's sneak in room from balcony. In filmy style" thought Abeer. He went towards back of Mansion and carefully walked till Sanya's balcony. He looked around checking if guards are around. When he found no one. He climbed on pipe and reached in her balcony. He went in her room and saw her busy in choosing clothes.

"Happy haldi my to be bride" whisper Abeer in her ear, making her shock and scared. "Abeer tum pagal ho kya? Kitna dara diya? Aese kaun karta hain? Or or tum aaye kaise mere room me?" Sanya bombered with questions. "Calm down bacha. Shant. I am sorry for scaring you. I am sorry" consoled Abeer pulling her in hug, patting her back.

Sanya broke the hug as she calmed. "I came here to surprise you. Happy haldi" said Abeer As he rubbed haldi on her cheeks. "Abeer... umm" Sanya was out of words. "I don't know about these rituals or anything. Actually neither we have friends nor relatives whose weddings we could have attend" said Sanya. "We too don't know about rituals. We just know haldi lagti hain shaadi se pehle. So Adya ne aa kar mujhe lagai. Mujhe haldi lag gayi to meri bride ko bhi to lagni chaye na" said Abeer, making her blush.

"Acha in evening tumhari or Adya ki appointment book ki hain in parlour for mehandi" said Abeer. "Okay! We will" replied Sanya. "Okay bye! Adya ke sath time spend karna hain" said Abeer. Bidding Sanya bye. He left.

Sanya smiled touching her cheek. She went in Sameer's room with haldi. "Bhai baitho" ordered Sanya. "Ye kya hain?" asked Sameer pointing at bowl of haldi. "Haldi. Now fast" Sanya ordered. Sameer sat on bed. Sanya sat in front of him and applied haldi on his cheeks. "Ye sab kya kar rahi hain bache?" asked Sameer with disguist face. "Shaadi se pehle haldi lagai jati hain. Kal mere bhai ki shaadi hain" explained Sanya. "Aese to meri bhi behan ki shaadi hain" Sameer took haldi in hands and applied it on Sanya's face, messing her face. Both giggle.

Rest of day both the siblings spend with each other, collecting memories and making new ones.

TBC.....