Chapter 33

Ethan pulls away, and snorts looking down at me. "Your hair is everywhere."

"Yeah, so is yours. Plus your shirts gone." I say poking his bellybutton. Ethan laughs slapping my hand away.

"Don't touch my bellybutton. It's ticklish." Ethan says getting off my bed and grabbing shirt that somehow found it's way onto my desk.

I giggle. "Yeah, you shouldn't have told me that. I know your weakness now."

Ethan frowns as he puts his shirt on. "It's not a weakness, just a tickle spot."

I giggle again. "You're cute." I walk up to to him, squishing his cheeks together.

Ethan slaps my hand away. "I'm not cute, I'm sexy."

"Ha! You wish. You're just this adorable little baby boy!" I says squishing his cheeks together again.

Ethan then slaps my hand away again. "If I knew you'd become like this went we started dating I would've-"

"Never ask me to be your girlfriend?" I ask.

"No, I would've asked you sooner. You're cute like this."

I giggle. Ethan called me cute, I think I'm dying! That's so cute!

Ethan smiles pulling me in for a hug, and runs his fingers through my tangled hair straightening it up some.

When we pull away, I just put my hair in a bun, and call it a day. My hair brush is too far away.

I flop onto my bed, grabbing my phone, and Ethan sits at my desk, facing me.

I guess it's a good thing too, because right then mom opened my door, she has her eyes closed though. "Zoe, I am opening my eyes, please don't be doing anything scandalous."

Mom opens her eyes, and looks at me then Ethan over six feet away from me. "Either he moved really fast, or you weren't doing anything scandalous."

"Do I seem like the type of kid to do scandalous things?" With their parents in the house? No, I'd wait for them to leave first. Anyway, kissing isn't scandalous.

"Does Ethan know sign language?" Mom asks and glances to Ethan.

"Other then know basic greeting no. Why?"

"I know curse words too!" Ethan pipes up. I just flip him off keeping my eyes on my mom.

"Why?" I didn't sign it, I didn't need to. Mom can lip read a few basic words.

'I need you to go to the store for me. I need a' mom makes a weird face before continuing. 'I need a pregnancy test.'

"WHAT?!" I yell, very loud. Ethan jumped at my sudden loudness, and mom jumped too, she could let hear it but she sure could tell I yelled it.

'I missed my period twice, and I've been sick all week. And last time your father and I had sex we didn't use a condom.'

'Ew mom, that's a tmi. I didn't want to know that. But yeah, I can get you one.' I only sign to her, instead of talking like usual.

Mom thanks me and walks off. I stare wide eyed out my open bedroom door, until someone pulls me back into their chest.

"What's wrong sunflower?" Ethan whispers.

"She's still deaf. No need to whisper." I say, at a normal voice.

"Oh right. Sorry, it's weird. My brother still has some hearing but refuses to speak, so seeing your mom talk normal makes me forget she can't hear."

"No worries." I mumble.

My mom, pregnant? Maybe, it's not for sure. But still. I'd be a big sister again. Can she handle being pregnant? What if she tries killing herself again? While pregnant?

Ethan turns me around, and crouches so our eyes are level.

"What's wrong Zoey? I can tell your overthinking something."

"My mom might be pregnant. She asked me to go get a pregnancy test. I'm just worried she can't handle being pregnant. What if she tries killing herself while pregnant?"

"Zoey, she won't. I've been around your mom enough to see how stable she is. From how she was before she went to the psych ward, she seems a lot better now. Plus she's still in therapy. She won't. Your mom already regrets doing it this time, she won't do something like that again."

"Fair points... I guess it'll be fine."

"It will. Stop stressing over it. Let's go, I'll drive since it's still illegal for you to drive." Ethan snickers at the last sentence.

"I failed one test Ethan! It was the stupid car going so slow!"

Ethan bites his lip nodding. "Yeah, the car going the speed limit and not your road rage."

"Shut up. I don't have road rage." I grumble.

"You do Zoey. You have really bad road rage, but I think it's cute. Also possibly deadly, still cute though."

I roll my eyes. "You're such a dork."

"A sexy dork." Ethan says flexing his nonexistent muscles.

"No, a cute dork. You can't pull off sexy, no offense."

Ethan rolls his eyes, flicking my forehead. "Offense taken."

We go downstairs and out to his car. I bought my mom a pregnancy test from the closet grocery store, and went back home. Well after Ethan bought us snacks.

As Ethan is stashing his snacks in my bedroom, I go to give the pregnancy test to my mom.

"Zoey, can you please stay? I mean not while I pee on it, but after? I'm kind of freaking out here." Mom begs, grabbing onto my hand. "You were there for every other pregnancy test, I need you here for this one too."

I sigh nodding, so my mom goes and quickly pees on it, and then opens the bathroom door. She hugs me tightly, and I just let her hold onto me. She really must be freaking out if she hugged me. My mom's sometimes hesitant about physical contact with people at times. Even her own family.

When my phone timer goes off, I grab the pregnancy test off the sink counter.

"Oh I can't look!" Mom cries covering her eyes with her hand. "You do it!"

I shrug and flip it over, then squint at it. What does two lines mean? I grab the box, and gasp when I see two lines means the test is positive.

My mom's pregnant.

*****
Heyo tic tacs

Bam! Bet you didn't see that coming! I was unpredictable again! 3 points me, 12 points to my one tic tac.

For anyone who doesn't get why I said that, in Beautiful Crazy, the book I'm publishing at the same time as this one, I keep being too unpredictable for a tic tac who would always correctly guess what was going to happen before it happened, so now I get points any time I do something and my tic tac doesn't guess it.

Suck it tic tac! ('Suck it' is a Psych reference if you know that show, I'm tryin to be funny and not tryin to be rude fyi)