Chapter 45

Ethan and I walk into the gym, and we walks over to a wall full of lockers. He opens one, which I guess is his because he had the key for it.

He takes off his hoodie, revealing his t-shirt on under it. The one I got him for him birthday.

"You may want to take off your hoodie or something, because you'll probably get hot and sweaty." Ethan says, then looks down at his shirt. "Oh....... I forgot I was wearing this shirt."

I tuck a strand of my hair behind my hair. "I don't have a shirt on under my hoodie." I mumble.

"Oh, I have an extra shirt here. You can wear it if you want." He says reaching into his locker and grabbing a shirt, holding it out to me.

I look at it, trying to think if acquaintances wear the other person's shirt.

"Ok, thanks." I finally say, taking the shirt. I glance around, looking a bathroom to change in. I have a sports bra on, yes, but that doesn't magically make me comfortable enough to do a quick little change in front of everyone here.

"Girls locker room is right there." Ethan says, pointing directly across from me. "That's what you're looking for, right?"

I nod, signing thank you to him as I start walking away. I make it a few steps before realizing though, that I used sign language. I do that sometimes, mix up sign language and English. Bilingual people problems I guess.

I turn back around, and point at Ethan. "I meant to say thank you, in English."

Ethan snorts softly. "I know. I had quite a bit of free time this past month, even with hanging out with your cousins, I've been speed running sign language."

I nod, and quickly rush off to the locker room.

I really fucked things up didn't I? Everyone is going to hate me. Kaylie surely does.

I take a deep breath. I am not crying. I don't want attention.

I change out of my hoodie and into Ethan's shirt, and I get a big inhale of Ethan's smell. Gosh, I forgot what he smelled like, kinda good.

Why do we keep acting and talking like we've been broken up for months, or even years, when it's literally been a month. Like almost exactly. We should stop acting like it's been forever.

I walk back out to Ethan, handing him my hoodie to put in his locker. He closes it, and locks it before leading me over to punching bags.

"Here, let me wrap your hands for you." Ethan says holding out his hand, and I place mine in his. He wraps this padded tape stuff on my hands, that goes over my knuckles. He finishes with my hands then does his, then leads me over to two punching bags without very many people around.

"So, basically, you just punch it. These are the lightest ones, but we can go to heavier ones if these are too easy." Ethan says, and punches one. So I copy him, punching it.

The bag swings back, and then forward, and I jump backwards just in time to avoid getting hit by the bag.

"Oh wow. I knew you were strong, but not that strong." Ethan says with wide eyes. "I think we definitely need to get you a heavier bag."

Ethan leads me down past several bags, and has my test one out. I punch it, and it barely moves.

"Ok, this one's good. Punch it till your hearts content my acquaintance." Ethan says then walks down a few bags.

"Where are you going?" I ask, tilting my head.

"To a lighter bag. No surprise you're stronger then me." Ethan shrugs and goes to start punching a his bag, so I shrug and start punching mine.