Chapter 50

I ditched school. Literally biked off. Ethan followed me, which is why we are now at the local café just chilling.

"I'm sorry, you said your uncle River and aunt Emily own this place?"

"Yep! They worked here for a while, aunt Emily stopped when she got preggers with Katlyn but uncle River kept working. They knew the nice old couple that owned it before them, and when the two retired they passed it off to the two of them."

"So why don't I ever see them here?" Ethan asks, taking a sip of his coffee.

I shrug. "No idea. I don't see them here much. Uncle River stays in the office all day, so you'll never see him, but aunt Emily still works here. Head manager."

Ethan nods. "So that's why you got our stuff half off?"

"Yessir." I slouch back in my seat, taking a sip of my coffee.

We talk for a few more hours, after walking to the park across the road. And soon enough I tell Ethan I'm gonna head home. Which is only a half lie. I have to stop by uncle Chris's house. I am not letting Kaylie keep acting like how she is.

"Want a ride?" Ethan asks.

"It's fine. I've got this bike anyway." I say hopping on my bike. "See you later dork!"

"Bye sunflower!" Ethan calls after me.

I get to uncle Chris's house and let my bike, which doesn't have a kick stand, just lay out on the driveway. I let my backpack fall onto the driveway as well.

I walk up to their door, banging on it like a maniac. Probably because I am one. What if I'm wrong and Kaylie really does hate me?

Then I'll just slap her. Bitches get slapped. I don't do bitches.

"Zoey?" My younger cousin Stacy asks, making a face. "What are you doing here?"

"Kaylie's home, right?" I ask, ignoring her question.

"Yeah. She doesn't have dance today. But why do you want to see the she-devil?"

I snort at Stacy's nickname for her sister. "I need to talk to the she-devil."

Stacy shrugs. "Your funeral."

I kick off my shoes, walking past the living room. "Zoey?" Aunt Mel asks.

"Yep, it's me. Kaylie in her room?"

"Yeah..... heads up she's been in a bit of a mood recently." Aunt Mel says, glancing away from the tv.

"Oh don't worry, I know plenty about this mood of hers." I say smiling sweetly. Not like I'm about to slap her daughter if it turns out Kaylie's just a bitch.

I go to her bedroom, banging on the door. "Kaylie! Open the door!"

Kaylie opens it, frowning when she sees me. "What the hell do you want?"

I ever so lovingly push her so she stumbles backwards and walk into her room, shutting and locking the door. "Listen closely Kay, I'm not going to repeat myself."

Kaylie gulps, knowing good and well I'm pissed.

"You've been a bitch to me. Harsh, but true. I have never done anything to you. I know you're just trying to cover up something because you're shit at it. You're using anger against me to hide something else. I have a faint idea, but could be wrong. What you did today was not ok, and you're lucky I'm here giving you a chance. You've destroyed my trust in you, and you know how I am with trust. I'm giving you a chance to redeem yourself. And if it turns out you're just a bitch now, you're getting fucking slapped. No lie, I will. Hard enough you'll see stars. I don't do bitches."

I cross my arms, tilting my head towards Kaylie. "Spill."

Kaylie gives me one look then starts crying.

Oh.... I wasn't expecting tears. This shit she's hiding must be serious.

"I am so sorry Zoey! I just-! Fuck, I don't know! I just got so mad that you'd think about ditching me! You as Katlyn mean a lot to me! And everyone payed more attention to the fact I was being a bitch, so I used it to hide my shit like you figured out." She cries, and then hides her face in her hands.

"Well? Nice to know I was right and all, but I'd still like to know why you were a bitch to me."

"I can't tell you Zoey! I can't tell anyone! They're all gonna hate me! No one's gonna love me! A-and I just don't know what to do!" She cries.

I sigh sitting on the floor next to her. "Kay, I already know." It's clear to me now, I know my theory was right.

"Y-you do?" Kaylie asks, her eyes widening.

"Yeah. I still love you Kaylie. Why would anyone hate you? It's not your fault."

"You sure you know?" Kaylie asks, like she thinks I'm some oblivious twat.

"You're a lesbian. You had a crush on Mark's now girlfriend, your old best friend. Everyone has a gay cousin, thought it was Alan honestly, but makes more sense being you." I say shrugging. Why else would she be so pissed about Mark dating her best friend?

"Is it that obvious?" She sniffles.

"Kinda. Or maybe just to me. Oh, also one time in second grade you cried because a boy kissed you and you said boys are gross. And then kissed May Paver the same afternoon and said girls are better."

Kaylie blinks, then starts crying again. "They're going to hate me!"

"What? Why? Uncle Noah eloped, after hiding his relationship with aunt Bella for years. If they weren't mad about that, how can anyone be mad about who you like? It makes no sense."

"You think of me differently?" Kaylie asks, wiping some tears away.

"Why would I? I mean, if you're still a bitch to me I will think of you differently, but not because you like girls. I don't get why it matters what gender of people you like."

Kaylie gulps. "Really?"

"Are you fucking stupid? Do you know our family? You should tell your parents. And Mark. Probably apologize for being a bitch to him. And move on from your ex best friend. I heard McKayla White is a lesbian, I could hook you two up." I say, adding a wink.

"What? No. I'm out of her league." Kaylie scoffs.

"Shut the fuck up Kay." I say rolling my eyes. "She's not. Oh, and I'd tell Katlyn too. If you want I mean."

"Fine fine. But if people are mad, stop loving me, and or judge me, I am going to start being a bitch to you again."

"Ok, but I'll get to slap you."

Kaylie nods, then looks down. "I'm really sorry Zoey. I was acting out of line."

"If fine cuzzy." No, I don't think it was. She could've just been like, "Hey, I'm a lesbian." but she chose to be a bitch. Eh, it's over and done with now.

*****
Bonjour tic tacs (Bonjour is French for hello)

Welp, Kaylie's a lesbian. Who could've guessed? No one, because I'm unpredictable. Uh, yeah, so she's gay. I was gonna make it Alan, but decided Kaylie was better for what I have in mind. Or, I'm pranking you and Alan is gay too, you'll never know because I'm just that unpredictable.

Also, my one tic tac, I'm gonna give you another point, simply because your guesses are straight fire, and I'm not complex enough to come up with stuff so fire and deep like you keep guessing. Also, because you may or not be half way right, you'll never know. I don't remember the exact scores, and I'm too lazy to go back and check, but it's like 3 points me, 14 points you I believe.

Bonne journée tic tacs
(That means, Have a good day tic tacs, in French)