Chapter 61

Ethan and I ended up spending three days finishing off the twin's bedroom, and I have a feeling they're going to love it. Yeah, they aren't born yet, but I just have a feeling they'll love it. Call it sister intuition.

I'm busy telling Katlyn about how Ethan helped me with the twin's bedroom, when Kaylie kindly tells us to shut up.... Just kidding. She wasn't kind.

"Kay why are you being mean again? Everyone already knows you're a lesbian. What other reason do you have?" Katlyn sighs.

"Do I need a reason to act normal? I've always been this way. Stop hating on me."

Uh, Kaylie has not always been this way, I get everyone's changing and all, but Kaylie is changing into a bitch again. She's not too far away from getting a nice slap.

"Zoey, I heard lover boy isn't here today. What are you gonna do with him?" Kaylie laughs.

"Uh, go on with my day. Believe it or not, my world doesn't revolve around him. I'm perfectly fine without Ethan, and he's perfectly fine without me. Though we both prefer to be around each other. We're in this thing called a healthy relationship. I'd look into it if I were you."

Kaylie scoffs. "Stop being a bitch Zoe."

Katlyn gasps. "Kaylie McKenna! Apologize to Zoey right now!" She says angrily.

"Aw I'm sorry. Did I hurt her feelings?" Kaylie then smirks. "Too bad so sad. I really don't give a shit."

Katlyn grumbles under her breath for a few seconds. Then looks to me. "You ok Zoey? Kaylie shouldn't be talking like that."

I nod. "Yeah I'm fine. It really doesn't bother me." Ha, that's a lie. I thought I fixed my problems with Kaylie, but I thought wrong I guess. Eh, big deal. Kaylie can be a bitch all she wants.

"If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go hang out with someone who actually cares about me." Kaylie gets up from her seat and goes to sit next to her new bestie Lucas. And I roll my eyes.

"Why the heck would she even bother sitting here if she was just gonna get up? I think she's fishing for drama." Katlyn grumbles.

"Just act like it doesn't bother you." I say shrugging.

Katlyn nods. "Switching subjects, where's Ethan?"

"Doctors appointment." I say absentmindedly and the teacher walks in.

"He's been having a lot of appointments recently, you sure he's ok?" Katlyn whispers.

"Yeah, just trying to find a new medication. The last one he was on made him have sleep problems."

Who knew finding meds that worked for a person was so hard?

"He'll be back by lunch though."

Katlyn nods. "Leo's gonna come to my lunch. Because we have lunch at the same time."

"Is that even allowed?" I ask, that sounds iffy.

"No idea, but he's doing it. Too bad we don't have the same lunch."

"Yeah. Too bad."

....

I'm about halfway done with my lunch when someone grabs my waist from behind, I however don't flinch like I normally would be I instantly recognize the arms to be Ethan's. He does this too much.

"Hey Ethan." I say kissing him quickly as he sits next to me. "How was your doctors appointment?"

"Good. I'm now on a new medication. Vyvanse. And the list of side effects are smaller now." Ethan says giving me a thumbs up.