Chapter 48

My family members were surprised to see me, but I didn't really hang out with anyone but my family and Ethan. Mainly my little siblings though.

"Tag!" Clara yells as she slaps my shoulder and runs away.

Ethan looks at me, with wide eyes. We were sitting next to each other, hiding from Clara. I laugh evilly and tag him. "Tag! No tag backs!"

"Dam-Dang it Zoe!" Ethan cries. "I'm coming for you Max!"

I hear a giggle come from the table where the food is. I crawl over to the table, peeking under tablecloth seeing Max sitting under the table.

"Are you it?" He whispers. "Did the monster get you?"

"Nope! I'm safe." I say grinning.

"Hurry! You need to hide!" He whispers grabbing my hand and helping me crawl under the table.

Max giggles. "He's never gonna find us!"

"Where are you Max? I'm coming for you!" Ethan says as he walks by the table, and Max giggles again.

"Max? Are you over here?"

Max giggles again when Ethan guesses incorrectly. But I know for a fact he's just pretending not to know where we are. Max is a loud giggler.

"How about under here!" Ethan says then lifts the tablecloth, and grabbing Max and pulling him out.

"Ahhh!!! Zoey save me from the monster!!" Max cries.

"No! Don't Zoey! Let him get eaten. I'd enjoy having my own birthday for once." Clara says walking over.

"You traitor!!" Max cries. "I'm your big brother! Why must you forsake me?!" Max cries.

"Excuse me? Big brother who? I am precisely five minutes and twenty-three seconds older." Clara says crossing her arms.

"But I'm bigger then you! You're a short little kid!" Max says and laughs when Ethan starts ticking him.

"Yeah! Hey him Ethan!" Clara cheers.

"Hey you four, keep it down will you? Some of us are trying to enjoy a peaceful meal here." Kaylie says rolling her eyes as she puts food on her plate.

"Dude, she's just hanging with her siblings she hasn't seen in a month." Mark says, grabbing a plate.

"Ugh, if it's not the best friend stealer. You know, Lexi doesn't talk to me anymore. She's too busy with you now. I hope you're happy." Kaylie says bitterly to Mark, and walking past him, hitting him with her shoulder as she walks by.

Mark looks after Kaylie, and frowns.

"What crawled up her pants and died." Lincoln mumbles to Mark getting himself more food then walking off.

Mark shrugs, and follows after Lincoln once getting his food.

"Ahh!!! Stop it tickle monster!!" Max cries as Ethan goes back to tickling Max, until he sets Max down and smiles evilly at Clara.

"You're next princess Clara." Ethan says.

"Nooo!!" Clara cries running away, and Ethan chases her.

"You two should go get your pins on." Uncle Noah says coming over to Max and I, pointing to his half blue a half pink pin.

"Okie dokie artichokie!" Max says smiling at uncle Noah. "Come on Zoe! Let's go get them!"

Max grabs my hand and drags me over to the table with the pins we get to wear. There's three different ones. One that's fully pink which stands for two girls, one that's half pink half blue which stands for dual gender babies, and one that's fully blue which stands for two boys. I grab the blue one, and find a sharpie on the table, for reason, and I write 'two girls' on the blue one. Colors are for any gender, and personally I hate the color pink, and Clara does, and mom too. Most girls I know hate the color pink, and a lot of boys I know like the color pink. I'm hoping for two girls. And by that, I mean I know it's girls. I have a feeling in my gut.