Part 4

Chap 4

She arrived at the address finally that she was given. The traffic was horrible in Mumbai! It was crowded and chaotic, it was shock for Imlie coming for small city. The taxi driver helped her with luggage until the entrance of the gate. She called Aryan, he didnt pick up after calling three times he picked up. He was sounding groggy, "Sorry to wake you , i have bags please come down and help me?"
"Coming " he said.
She looked around, the watchman who arrived ,was looking at her weirdly. "Madam konsa flat?"
"Mere husband aa rahe hai, 55th floor pe hai Mr Rathore. "
"Oh Aryan Sir? " he asked
"Ji" she smiled.
"Madad kardu madam?" He asked sweetly.
"He is coming" He nodded and waited there with her.
She saw Aryan, in his tshirt and sweatpants. Kuch bhi pehan le ye aadmi dikhta bada hot hai, Imlie thought. Plus she missed him so much she was grinning excited to see him after month. She will have to get used to it, he can be away for month regularly for flights. He was either too sleepy or not that excited to see her, her smiled didnt falter though. She was expecting a friendly hug atleast, but she thought maybe he is too sleepy. He took two bags while she carried two.
"How was the flight?" He asked finally a smile.
"It was good. But the traffic on way here was horrible" she exhaled.
"Yes get used to it" Finally the elevator arrived at the floor. There were only two flats at the two extreme side. On the left seems to be their. There was beauitful wooden carved name plate that said Aryan and Imlie Rathore. She touched it and smiled, he atleast put her name there that counts for something.  He unlocked the door, "Welcome to our home" he said spreading his arms. It was huge, she looked around amaze , he wasnt kidding when he said she can do interiors. He has kept everything empty except a table and sofa set. "This is temporary, you can change everything according to your taste"
"Something smells good" she said sniffing beautiful jasmine like smell.
"Oh that , i love using candles sometimes it helps me calm and destress"
"Oh nice to know, it smells really good"
"Did you eat anything? We can order in?"he asked concerned for the first time she heard in his voice.
"Yes i am hungry" she said . He ordered chinese, not knowing she loves chinese. They ate in silence, then he looked at watch. "I will leave in an hour and will be back in two days" he removed his card to hand it over. She shook her head, "I have my savings, i never use anyone money not even my mom dad's"
"Hm interesting. Well that savings ought to end one day then you might need this" showing her the card.
"No, I realised on the way here that i need to start working. I will start my work soon after i redo this house"
"What are you planning ?"
"That you will find out . Filhal there is time for that. Plus what i want to do is little ambitious will take time and effort"
"Let me know if you need any help or information. I have friends who can guide you but for that you have to tell me what exactly you planning" he said curiously.
"I will let you know" she said simply ending the topic. After one hour, he was dressed in his uniform. He looked suave, sultry to be exact. Imlie giggled in her mind. He said bye to her and left.

Imlie was now all alone, her first night alone in the city. She was tired anyways, she changed and as soon she hit the bed , the sleep came running to her.

Next morning she woke up, and went to kitchen - it took her time but he had already bought most of basic stuff. She made her chai, sat in the balcony that had the beautiful city view. She could her so many noises at once, she took deep breath and exhaled. It feels so refreshing, she pondered over her conversation with Aryan. She definitely thought at first she will be homemaker even though she loves working as much. But she wants to do something different, the enthusiasm to be in city hit her the time she landed.  She has couple options in mind, some can be risky some unexpected of her but some research will do. But first, getting this house done! She clasped her hand and took the tour of the house. Four bedrooms and bathrooms, except their room everything was empty. One bedroom however was locked, she tried opening with her pin but it didn't work. She needs to aks Aryan once he is back.  She quickly looked up online for nearby stores , as well online stores for the home . She found couple , she took note of the addresses when door bell rang.
A young lady was at the door, "Hi didi , Mein Seema kaam karti hu idhar. Aryan bhaiya ne bola tha ." She said smiling. Imlie nodded and invited her in , "Mein Imlie , tum bohut pyari ho waise. Kya kaam kar leti ho?" She asked
"Main jadu katka, kahi khana bana leti hoon bhaiya ke liye, saaf safai itna hai nai ghar mein to jaldi ho jaata hai" She said
"Ha par thode dino mein rahega saf saafai ab mein agai na" she laughed
"No problem didi" she went in kitchen balcony to grab the broom . She did her work quietly, as Imlie immersed herself with note taking , then moving on to her work ideas. She was exhaused by evening. From tomorrow, her shopping starts and exploring the stores.