BIRTHDAY WITHOUT HER

Manda pulls the Fenugreek leaves from its stem and put it into the vessel while throwing the waste part into a plastic basket. The force by which she is separating the leaves tells how much anger, displeasure plus anxiety she is feeling inside her heart.

When Trishala told her about Raghvan being alone with Siya, it gave a feeling of hurt and pain to Manda. She doesn't know why, but she felt betrayed and the anger automatically started brewing inside her. Moreover she got scared for Siya too. Though she has till now understood the strong girl Siya, still worrying for Siya because of her own husband made Manda to feel pathetic. She had thrown the saree which was in her hand which she was folding in her room, and quickly runs towards Siya's room, after Trishala informed her. The sentences slash confession she heard from Raghvan for Siya gave her the feeling to get buried in a deep hole, so that to not face Siya and feel guilty. But her mind gave her a click, she recalled the conversation she had with Siya from when she has decided to raise her voice for her husband's deeds. Moreover she remembered the promise she gave to herself and to Siya, that is to protect her till Ram takes her with him. And hence she raised a loud voice, to stop him from troubling the girl anymore.

Manda sighed while closing her eyes, the warm breath came out of her mouth which reduces her tension a bit. She placed her hands on the pavement and bow her head, still having her eyes closed. It felt that whatever she has been witnessing about Raghvan from past twenty five years got flashbacked with a train of memories in her mind. The time when she used to feel dejected while witnessing him with someone, the time she used to feel angry while discovering his bad deeds, the time she used to feel alone in this world, everything gave her a sudden punch of memory altogether. A moment went after which Manda felt a touch on her left shoulder. She already knew who it is, Trishala her friend who is always standing by her side whenever Manda needs her.

TRISHALA- madam..

Trishala tried to call her with her soft voice after which Manda opens her eyes and turns to look at her.

TRISHALA- don't hurt yourself.

Manda didn't felt to cry at Trishala's words, she is angry more than feeling crying now. Usually in these situations, she used to cry her heart out in front of Trishala, but today she didn't felt to wipe for that person.

MANDA- I am fine Trishala.

Trishala blinks her eyes with the powerful belief from Manda.

MANDA- mujhe kuch nahi hua hai.

Trishala has believed her. Manda wanted to wipe the sweat droplets formed on her forehead- caused due to anxiety, with her hand but she didn't touched her mud filled hands on her face. The Fenugreek leaves caused her hands to get dirty, the same way her husband's behaviour has caused her life to get dirty.!

TRISHALA- Siya theek hai.?

Manda nods at Trishala's question.

MANDA- do not leave Siya alone for a moment too, Trishala.

Manda has completely turned to face Trishala while instructing her.

MANDA- she is our responsibility, and she should not face anything disastrous.

Trishala very well understood the meaning of Manda's words, she gave an agreement nod at Manda while bowing her eyes.

MANDA- if she wants to stay alone then be near her room. But stay near her, Purintatu (understood).?

Trishala again placed her hand on Manda's shoulder and nodded in agreement, this time a big nod.

TRISHALA- I will take care, Ni kavalaippatate (you don't worry)..