SUNDERKAND.!

Shlokas: "Sunder Kand" (Sampoorna Ramayana)

The morning rays bring nothing special for the Raghuvanshi family, though it is Siya's birthday. Her absence has made the damage, they are only feeling her void a bit more today. If it was other way and Siya would have been present with them, then surely the scenario would have been different. At 12 the family would have planned the cake cutting celebration for her, Kranti would have prepared n number of favourite dishes for Siya, the girls would have asked her to dress like a model- in brackets all ready from tip to toe, the boys would have pampered her to the core, Dashrath and Sumitra would have bought so many gifts for Siya and finally Ram- he would have taken her to the resort which he has planned at that time. But all this would have been possible if Siya would have been with them. But the bitter fact, she is not there.!

Manvi, Urmila and Shruti, like everyday, are sitting in front of the God's idol, today praying for their sister's special day. Though everyday they only pray for Siya's safety and well-being, but today there is an extra bag of prayers regarding each and everything for their eldest sister.

MANVI- कपि करि हृदयँ बिचार दीन्हि मुद्रिका डारि तब। जनु असोक अंगार दीन्ह हरषि उठि कर गहेउ॥

Manvi read the lines from the Ramayana placed in front of her. The verse are from the chapter of Sundar Kand of Ramayana, which depicts the tale when Lord Hanuman went in search of Mata Sita in Lanka, moreover at Ashoka Vatika. The meaning of the lines from Manvi told that Hanuman Ji slides the ring of Lord Rama to Devi Sita, and identifying the ring of her beloved husband, Sita Ji got tears of happiness into her eyes. After a long time she was feeling the touch of her husband through the ring which made her to become happy and sad both at the same time. Happy because she got to see the ring, and sad because she was not able to see the one to whom that ring belongs to.

URMILA- जाके बल लवलेस तें जितेहु चराचर झारि।तास दूत मैं जा करि हरि आनेहु प्रिय नारि॥

Urmila read the next verse from the book, the verse told the conversation between Hanuman Ji and Ravana, where Ravana has asked about his identity, and Lord Hanuman told him that the one to whom you have kidnapped and snatched forcefully from her beloved ones, I am the messenger of her husband. He also added in the next line that, he is there to see Mata Sita and has also brought Prabhu Ram's message for Ravana, to release his wife with due respect otherwise Ravana will witness his own destruction.

SHRUTI- ताकर दूत अनल जेहिं सिरिजा। जरा न सो तेहि कारन गिरिजा॥ उलटि पलटि लंका सब जारी। कूदि परा पुनि सिंधु मझारी॥

The last verse of the chapter was read by Shruti, the chapter of Lanka Dahan. The lines depicts the conversation between Shiv Ji and Parvati Mata, who were witnessing the ongoing scenario in Lanka from Kailash. Lord Shiva has told Devi Parvati that it is a start of the destruction of Ravana, Hanuman has already ignited the Lanka and like the whole "Swarna Lanka" got burnt into ashes the same way Ravana is going to burn into ashes in front of Prabhu Ram.

The girls completed reading their turns and closed the holy book after which they joined their hands for a quick prayer. After their prayers, the three of them got up from their place, the silence has surrounded them all of a sudden.

MANVI- maa aur baki sab Siddhivinayak gaye hai na.?

Just to start the conversation Manvi has asked that question whose answers are already known to her.