Chapter 2

The next few days were the same. I woke up and thought "Here goes nothing" and dragged myself out of bed. The day before the tickets went on sale, my "friend" Ciara texted me asking "how was I feeling" but I knew even before I texted back that this was just an opening line so she could talk about herself. I knew this wasn't how a friendship was meant to be but to be honest, I wasn't the most popular of girls and it reminded me that if people found out about my messed up life, they would begin to see me as a freak.

The tickets went on sale on April Fools... just my luck. My mom was going to try for tickets and to be honest, she thought that money could fix any problem. It was just after lunch when she text me saying that she couldn't get tickets. Needless to say, my concentration levels were gone for the last two classes. I was absolutely crushed.

I came home to an empty house as my mom was at work and I am not sure where my dad was. I didn't particular care where he was either. I ran to the bathroom and I just let the pain as the needle pierced the skin take over and I just sat on the floor and sobbed for what seemed like hours. My mom came in two hours later and I couldn't believe what she told me next.

She said the message that she sent saying that she didn't getting tickets was a joke and that she had got me meet and greets. That night as I reflected on the day, I thought, I spent all day upset and this was  a joke. Some sick joke this turned out to be. Is it any wonder that I can't trust them with my feelings ?

P.S Thank you so much to everyone who is reading this. I also want to thank you for your comments which are really sweet.