Chapter 15

We stayed like that for the whole night. After around two hours, Demi got up to make microwave popcorn and hot chocolate. When she was making them, I heard Dianna say "How is she ?" and Demi said "She is ok, she just needs love and some guidance". I clicked on that they were talking about me.

I have never in my life been around people who cared about me.They cared about me more than I cared about myself. They were absolutely incredible and this made me determined to try my best to get better. I wanted to please them but I knew my journey was going to be rough.

Demi came in and saw that I was lost in thought. "You ok ?" she said. I replied "I am ok". She reminded me that it is ok to talk and it is just as important to leave others be there for you as it is to be there for others.

I smiled a genuine smile at her. "Ok baby girl, you ready to watch Ancient Aliens ?". I said "Of course". Halfway through the episode, I looked over at her and she was glued to the show.

Gosh, she was such an adorable dork. When the episode finished, we put on Contagion. When Gwyneth Paltrow came on screen, Demi said "she is so beautiful". I agreed and I said "Dem, you are so beautiful on the inside and on the outside".

She thanked me and did her cute tongue thing from the La La Land video. We laughed and settled down for the rest of the film. Towards the end of the film, she started to become sleepy. The credits started to roll and she yawned.

She was so adorable. Eddie heard the credits and came in. He said "Demi, Dianna wants to see you" and Demi left. Eddie said "Sarah, you do know it is ok to talk to us about anything".

And I replied "Yes". He said "I know it takes time to trust us but remember that it works both ways". I nodded in agreement. He said "I know me and Dianna give out sometimes but it is because we know what is best for you".

"I know, I just don't want to let you guys down". A tear left his eye and said "Damn allergies". He said "Listen sweetheart, you are human and you are going to mess up sometimes but as a family, we are going to be here to put you back on track". Demi then came back in and snuggled up next to me.

Eddie went to Demi and kissed her forehead, gave her a hug and said "Good night princess" and Demi said "Love you Eddie". Eddie replied "Love you too, baby girl". I thought "OMG, it is so beautiful how close they are". I wondered if I would have turned out differently if I had a loving, caring family. He then came over to me and kissed my forehead and hugged me.

As he hugged me, I whispered "Thank you" in his ear, He let go and gave me a smile. "Girls, go straight to sleep, we have a long journey tomorrow". As he left, he said "Sweet dreams" and turned off the light.

Demi wrapped her arms around me and said "Good night beautiful" and I knew then and there that I was safe. The last thing that crossed my mind before I went to sleep is how ironic Eddie's comment was. He was right, we had a long journey tomorrow but I also had a long journey to becoming a healthier me.

P.S A massive thank you to everyone who is reading this. It means a lot to me. Please leave me know if there is anything I can do for ye.