Chapter 35

I looked over at my bed and I saw a bag. I asked Demi "what is in the bag ?" and she said "you asked me to show you what I wrote down while I was in here". I looked at her and the whole atmosphere turned serious. I could not believe she was trusting me with her most personal possessions.

I sat down on my bed and Demi handed me the bag. I opened it very gently and they were so beautiful. One of them said "Rise above, you are so worth it". They were many more different ones that Demi had designed.

I couldnt believe how many she had. I was flicking through them and one of them caught my attention. It read "You are beautiful and you are more than worthy of life". The message was beautiful but the butterfly border was what caught my eye.

I looked at Demi and said "if you dont mind, can I ask if the butterflies signify something ?". She was totally caught off guard and I said immediately "You don't have to explain anything to me, it is personal and I am sorry for asking". My apology was what snapped her out of her trance. She said "Hey beautiful, don't you ever apologise for asking about something that will help with your recovery, do you understand ?".

I said "yes, thank you". Demi started to explain that the butterflies were to represent, The Butterfly Project. I just looked at Demi and I didnt need to ask because she continued explaining. She said it is a really important recovery scheme and once you understand what it is, I would like you to give it a try.

 I nodded and said "ok". I think one of the things I have realised since I have met Demi and her family is that I had nowhere else to run and that this was the only place that can fix me. Demi saw that I was lost in my thoughts and she said "Sarah, I know this is a lot to take in but I promise you will have time to reflect on it and to let things slip in. I said "Ok" and she gave me a comforting hug and said "you are going to be okay, I promise".

I hugged her back and to be honest, I never wanted to let go. Demi said "ok, I am going to explain it to you and when you try it, I need you to remember that it is not the scheme for everybody and I dont want you to lose hope.

P.S Over 4000 reads, OMG :0 Thank you guys so much <3 you guys are incredible <3