Chapter 4

After a while, I heard footsteps and the opening of the door. Demi had come in. My idol and I were in  the same room but this was never how I imagined it.

What she did next surprised me. She came and sat next to me and pulled me into one of the warmest hugs. I looked at her and she had tears in her eyes. It was heartbreaking to see her like that and I knew it was all my fault. I told her "I was sorry" but all she said was "Shh sweetie" and continued to hold me in her loving, delicate arms. My mom and dad hadn't hugged me in years.

We stayed like this for what seemed like hours and for the first time in my life, I felt that it was ok to be me without being judged. I apologised again to her and she said it was ok but she needed me to be completely honest with her from now on and I promised.

Demi now became serious and she told me to remove my bracelets. I touched them but I didn't have the courage to take them off. Demi gave me a supportive look but the look also said that she wasn't going to take any nonsense from me. A few minutes had passed and I still hadn't taken off my bracelets and then Demi said "You have two choices - one is you can walk out right now and continue to live the way you are or you can let me help you". I thought about it and the words began to  set in and I was terrified of how true they were.

I got up from the couch and began to walk towards the door. I had two reasons for this. The first being that I was totally and utterly scared of change and the second was that I couldn't put her through all this pain. I turned and the look on Demi's face told me that me leaving would hurt her even more.

I sat  down on the couch again and began to remove the bracelets. After doing so, Dem pulled me into another hug and she told me that I was very brave.

Then Mike, Demi's guitarist came in to tell her that it was 10 minutes until show time. She began to do some last minute warm ups and she sounded absolutely incredible.

As she left , I wished her good luck and then I asked her should I put back on my bracelets and she said "I know you will make the right choice". I thought about whether I should or not. Demi had been absolutely wonderful all day and all I wanted was to please her.

And then I made the decision.