Chapter 34

I woke up the next morning and looked at the alarm clock. It read as 9.30 a.m. I thought that this was a really good lie in but I wondered why Alison hadn't woken me. We normally got up at 8.50 on Sundays.

Speak of the devil, well actually that wasn't the correct phrase as she had really been helping me out lately. I asked Alison "how come I had been allowed to sleep in for so long ?" and she said "let's call it a treat to show you that we are pleased with your progress". I let this sink in and I thought "I never imagined this sort of stuff happened at treatment centers". Alison saw that I was lost in thought and she said "You thought when you first came in here that the rules were there to punish you and to see you fail but now, you are starting to see that they have a different purpose".

I thought about it and I guess I agreed with her. A few minutes later, she said "Come on, let's go to the dining hall to have breakfast". I said "Ok" and I followed her even though I could have lead the way. On the way there, Alison said "Oh, did I mention Demi will be here in around a half an hour ?".

I was surprised and confused. I thought "Visiting times were from 2 -5 not at 10 o clock in the morning". I decided to not ask questions and went over to my usual sitting place in the dining hall. I was expecting to see a bowl of cereal but there was pancakes on a plate.

I looked at them, one of them was sprinkled with sugar and the other one had chocolate spread on it. I sat down and I asked Alison "do you want the chocolate or the sugar ones ?" and she said "They are for you, I already had breakfast". I shrugged and took a chocolate spread pancake. I ate like 3 of them and said "I was finished".

I looked at Alison for her approval and she smiled. I then got up and started gathering plates to bring them into the kitchen but Alison said "Stop". I turned to look at her and said "What do you mean ?" and she said "You don't have to help out in the kitchen anymore". I thought she was teasing and I said "really ?" and she said "yes".

Ok then, strange morning this was turning out to be, but I decided to go with it. We left the dining hall and I turned to walk in the direction of the main reception to meet Demi but Alison said "she has already come in, she is waiting for you in your room". I said "Ok" and made my way to my room. Demi saw me and said "Come here you" and I walked over to her.

She gave me a hug and said "I am so proud of you". I said "For what ?" and her response shocked me. She said "Do you not know that today, you have been two weeks clean ?" and I think my face said it all. I was really surprised and I said "I haven't really thought about it".

Dem looked at me and gave me one of those smiles where you could see the little crinkles by her eyes. God, she was adorable. Once I had started to fangirl, I couldn't stop. She was wearing her green military jacket and it was just beautiful.

I said "I love your jacket, it is from Topshop, right ?". She said "Ya" and then she looked at my clothes and said "I recognise that PJ's " and we laughed.

P.S Thank you to everyone who is reading this :) It means a lot <3