Chapter 25

The next morning felt like a complete rush. Before I knew it, we had reached Timberline Knolls. As soon as we reached the door, I begged Dianna to bring me home and I promised to do everything she told me. She looked at me and her eyes were filled with sympathy but I think we both knew this wasn't a realistic option.

Dianna said to me "This place isn't a punishment, it will help you get better". As one of the doctors came out to greet us, I pleaded with Dianna "Please". She said "I am sorry sweetheart but right now, you need help". Doctor Alison was talking to Demi and you could see they had mutual respect for each other.

After they finished talking, Alison said to Dianna "Sarah must come with me now so we can get her settled in before dinner". Dianna nodded and Alison gave us some space. Demi gave me the biggest hug and said "It's going to be ok, we will come to see you tomorrow". I looked into Demi's beautiful brown eyes and you could see that she was fighting back tears.

It was so touching and I was going to use it as determination to get better and to make her proud. Dianna gave me a hug and said "I know you are strong enough to do this and if you ever feel alone, think of us guys". After Dianna's hug, I walked peacefully into Timberline Knolls with Alison. Before I closed the door, I looked back and saw Dianna and Demi.

I saw that Demi was crying and I said to Demi "Don't cry,smile, it looks beautiful on you". Alison said "that advice was great but the question is if you can take your own advice ?". I hesitated and she could tell that I felt I would never be worthy enough to take good advice. She said "By the time, you leave here, you will trust yourself".

I don't know what part I was astounded by more (i) her confidence in me, (ii) that I would trust myself or (iii) I would get to leave this place one day. All these thoughts were flowing around in my head that I hadn't noticed we had reached my room. I went inside and there was a bed, drawers and a wardrobe. Alison said "to unpack" and that she would be back in a half hour to bring me to the dining hall.

As she closed the door, I never felt so alone or trapped in my life. Sticking to her word, she was back within a half hour. Dinner seemed to fly by and it actually went smoother than I thought even though I got given out to a few times. When I reached my room, I think I realised how tired I was.

The next morning, I woke up and had my breakfast. After breakfast, I got to see Dianna and Demi. I told them how much I missed them. I also told them "it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be".

Demi said to me "do you know why you think that ?". I asked "Why ?". She said "because you are strong ". I said "aww thank you" and gave her the biggest hug ever.

The next couple of days seemed to pass peacefully just like the first day. I felt it was too peaceful and I proved myself right on Monday night when the peace was destroyed.

P.S Thank you to everyone who is reading this <3 it means the world to me <3