Chapter 6

I woke up and I looked at my phone. It was 3:30 a.m . I had a message from my mum. I could only imagine what it said but I opened and read it .

It said "You are coming home with me tomorrow and I bet this meeting is about how you have gotten in trouble". The part that broke my heart though was when she said " I wonder why I have you as a child because you are not good enough and you are a disappointment ". I felt tears start to stream down my face but then I saw my diary on the table and I got up to get it.

I wrote "The message my mom sent me is so true and it reminds me that I am not good enough" . I also wrote "I want to cut but I don't want to disappoint Demi". Demi began to twist and turn and as soon as she noticed that I wasn't lying there with her, she called for me. She said "Sarah, what's wrong sweetie". I replied nothing but she knew something was up. "Come on, talk to me", she pleaded and her voice was so soft that it broke my heart. "No Demi, go back to sleep beautiful".

She didn't listen to me and walked over to give me a hug. She seen the diary and she looked at me for approval and I nodded slowly and handed her the book. I thought "Why not, she already probably thinks I am crazy". She opened it and read it and a little smile appeared on her face as she read that she inspired me.

Afterwards, she said "I am so proud that you had the courage and strength not to cut". She gave me another hug and looked at my tear stained face. She asked to see the message and I passed the phone to her. Her beautiful smile turned into an angry frown. 

She looked at me and said " I know she is your mom but I am not going to leave her speak to you that way". I told her "the message is true, I am worth nothing". Demi looked at me with love and said "That is not true, you are a worthy,beautiful and talented young girl and I believe in you".

She lead me back to the couch to lay down. She just held me but I could tell she was filled with anger because her hands were tense. I started to cry again and Dem said "Don't worry, everything will be alright". I snuggled down again for the night and I wondered why this beautiful person cared about me.

P.S Thank you to everyone who has been reading. It means a lot to me. If there is anything i can do for you guys, please leave me know .