Chapter 9

A couple of hours had passed and the swelling on my arm had gone down but it was still badly bruised. Dianna gave me a look of sympathy but I just started crying. I didn't deserve their kindness. Demi wrapped me in a hug and Dianna told me that they would never ever hurt me which made me cry even more.

Demi asked me why was I crying and I told her that "I didn't deserve them". Demi looked at Dianna and said " I think it is time to tell her the rules" and Dianna agreed. The first rule was to always be honest. The other rule was that you had to learn to accept help and want to change your life for the better.

At the moment, I was breaking the second rule because I wasn't sure that I did want to change as I, most definetly did not deserve recovery. Dianna kept telling me that I was so much more than I could see right now but she promised that we will make it through this. She said that Eddie would be coming to collect us tomorrow. That is when I realised, I didn't have my passport with me.

Dianna said "Don't worry, I will go get it" and of course, me and Demi wanted to go with her. She told us to stay there and Demi started to protest but she knew, she wouldn't win so she stopped. I told Dianna, my address and where to find my passport and she left. As soon as she left, I just had a bad feeling.

I tried to shake off the feeling so me and Demi started to talk. She asked me how I would feel about going to treatment at Timberline Knolls. I told her, I would be really scared and I did not have the money to pay for it. She said "Don't worry about the cost" but I said "I don't want you to think , I am using you".

She replied that she knew that I wasn't and that she knew a way , I could repay her. I asked "How ?" and she told me that by leaving her be there for me and that I needed to promise to work towards becoming a stronger person. She was so amazing and the fact that she wanted to help me was totally unfathomable.

Another half a hour passed and now I was really scared. "Where was Dianna?", "What if something had happened to her?". It would be all my fault. "Why had I left her leave on her own?". I looked at Demi and she had the same look of concern on her face.

P.S Thank you to everyone who is reading this. It means a lot to me. You guys are amazing :)