Chapter 31

The next morning, I woke up and I had my breakfast. I helped clean up afterwards and I felt useful. When I arrived at Dr. Karl's office, I knocked gently and entered. I told him that this morning I felt useful and he said "that is brilliant".

He suggested that I write it on a page with different colour markers. I wrote " I am useful and I have a purpose". After I finished my poster, to my surprise, he made me feel really comfortable and made me a hot chocolate. While I was drinking my hot chocolate, I asked "why do you guys make me write down things like this ?" and he said "because if you are having a bad day after you leave here, you can look at them and see how far you have come and I promise you will feel much better".

I said "Oh" and finished my hot chocolate. After I finished my hot chocolate, he started asking me about my childhood. I am not going to lie, it was painful to talk about. I said "It all started when I was 7 ". He said "Ok, please continue" so I went on.

I said "There was this gang that didn't really like my family because my uncle wouldn't leave my cousins hang out with them so every Halloween, they threw eggs at our windows". I said "Well, at first it was only eggs and it only happened at Halloween" but my voice was wobbly as my eyes started to tear up and my bottom lip began to tremble. I tried to pull myself together but I couldn't compose myself and I started sobbing. Dr. Karl came over to me and said "Hey, shh it is ok".

I thought "Wow, he is really calm and relaxing". A few minutes later, he asked me "why was I crying ?". I said "because it is painful for me and I feel a lot of guilt and shame". He said "Why do you feel guilt and shame ?".

I didn't answer him for a few minutes and I even thought of getting up and leaving but Demi's word "Fight" was playing around in my mind so I stayed. I said "because I feel that I should have done something to help and maybe not have acted up so much". Dr. Karl said "That is enough for today". He said "You have been so brave for opening up to me".

I said "Thank you for listening". As I walked to the door and was about to leave, he said "You were only a kid, don't be so hard on yourself". I said "Thank you, I will be back tomorrow". Outside the door waiting for me was Demi.

She said "That seemed like it went well". I said "It did". I looked at her and said "I will explain when we get back to my room". She looked at me, smiled and gave me the biggest hug ever. She said "I am so proud of you".

P.S This is the chapter I wanted to upload on Wednesday but there was something wrong with my Wattpad :( Thank you to everyone who is reading this :) I will upload a chapter later today :)