Chapter 8

When they came in, they didn't say nothing but just hugged me. After a while, Demi tried to get me to talk about it but I didn't want to. She wasn't going to force me to talk but she accepted it and just held me. We stayed like that for at least a half a hour.

Then Dianna said "You know nothing your mom said was true". I looked at her and I said but she is right. Demi looked hurt that I believed that. Then I realised it was time to talk.

Over the last two days with Demi, I had learned so much and one of the things that I had learned was that it is ok to talk about how you feel. I cuddled up to Demi and I thanked her and Dianna for standing up for me. Even though I didn't deserve it. They both smiled at me and said "Welcome to the family".

I could not believe what I was hearing. Demi said there was rules  I would need to follow but we would go through them later. Dianna looked at Demi and said speaking of rules, Demetria, you should not have cursed at her mom. Demi put on a really cute face and was like "I'm sorry".

Oh my gosh, she was so adorable. I was so lucky to now call these beautiful people, my family. They both hugged me again but Dianna pulled away when she saw my arm. It had started to bruise and was a little bit swollen from the way my mom gripped it.

Dianna went to get ice and she was just so gentle and caring. In that moment, I know things would get better but it was going to be far from easy.

P.S I am so sorry it is really short, School work has been crazy and I have tests coming up this week. Thank you so much to everyone who has been reading this. Please leave me know if there is anything I can do for you guys.